Wikileaks obtains a copy of Iraqi Journalists being murdered by US forces.

The original 2003-2005 estimate attributed 37% of (24,865) deaths to US forces. I am sure there will be those who dispute these figures, but I am equally sure spideyland is quite right to speak of thousands.

http://www.oxfordresearchgroup.org.uk/publications/books/a_dossier_civilian_casualties_iraq_2003_2005

I doubt that many of those in power or the media will dispute the IBC figures, they make for much easier reading than the Lancet ones.

Wow what a childish rant. This massive paragraph which is incredibly difficult to read is all based upon your own assumptions. It doesn't matter what ever special situations that you imagine up, back in the real world the armed forces should be accountable for their actions.

Apart from the fact that you said one of their crowd had a gun, which isn't unusual in a lawless society, there is no evidence that the group of people were any threat to them, outside of your mind that is.

Well there you go obviously you have trouble reading plain English,irrespective of the lack of punctuation,obviously you wouldnt be much use at the controls of a helicopter,you wouldnt even pass a simple driving test on that footing...next please

I'd be interested to know if anyone can estimate how far away the helicopter was from the group?

From the time of hearing the gunfire, to seeing the bullets impact on the ground, it would seem a fair distance?

Anyway, strawman derails about 9/11 & the legality of the war aside, I would like to know what threat was posed from a man helping a wounded guy into his van to another man sat about 1km away in a deadly killing machine.

Seeing as at least one chopper was circling the scene and could see into the van through the open passenger door window, I don't see how glare from the windscreen was an issue.

You where there as well as auto98uk then,blimey it seems Sheffield is well represented in Iraq

I'd be interested to know if anyone can estimate how far away the helicopter was from the group?

From the time of hearing the gunfire, to seeing the bullets impact on the ground, it would seem a fair distance?

someone said it was Ikm a perfect distance to observe the detail what people are rattling on about :loopy:

The original 2003-2005 estimate attributed 37% of (24,865) deaths to US forces. I am sure there will be those who dispute these figures, but I am equally sure spideyland is quite right to speak of thousands.

http://www.oxfordresearchgroup.org.uk/publications/books/a_dossier_civilian_casualties_iraq_2003_2005

I dispute them simply because of the word "attributed" That could also mean that because of the arrival and subsequent presence of the US forces this caused an internal upheaval between the Sunnis and the Shiites and the bombings and mass killings between these two factions which then started.

That's a long way from saying that 24,865 deaths were caused due to direct action by US forces

I dispute them simply because of the word "attributed" That could also mean that because of the arrival annd subsequent presence of the US forces this caused an internal upheaval between the Sunnis and the Shiites and the bombings and mass killings between these two factions which then started.

That's a long way from saying that 24,865 deaths were soley caused due to military action by US forces

The word "attributed" is mine, "criminal violence" and "insurgency" is accounted for within the report. You can find other reports that suggest a lower body count and those which suggest a higher one. You can also dispute methodology. Whichever one you choose it is perfectly reasonable to suggest that the number of deaths of Iraqi civilians caused by US or coalition forces ran into thousands.

The word "attributed" is mine, "criminal violence" and "insurgency" is accounted for within the report. You can find other reports that suggest a lower body count and those which suggest a higher one. You can also dispute methodology. Whichever one you choose it is perfectly reasonable to suggest that the number of deaths of Iraqi civilians caused by US or coalition forces ran into thousands.

The IBC findings were just saying "because the US and Britain went to war against Iraq all these deaths happened" or that's what they should have said but I tend to distrust anything carried out by "Oxford Institutions" of any sort. Oxford has long been known as a mecca for people of biased opinions, marxists, communists, radicals and of course anti-Americanism.

Mention anything about America to an Oxford professor and he or she is very likely to fall on the ground foaming at the mouth.

The IBC findings were just saying "because the US and Britain went to war against Iraq all these deaths happened" or that's what they should have said but I tend to distrust anything carried out by "Oxford Institutions" of any sort. Oxford has long been known as a mecca for people of biased opinions, marxists, communists, radicals and of course anti-Americanism.

Mention anything about America to an Oxford professor and he or she is very likely to fall on the ground foaming at the mouth.

Indeed an Oxbridge proff would have more brains than a dumbaas American trigger happy soldier boy, so yes you are right anybody with brains would have to be anti American, in this case at any rate. It's the ability to think you see, but at your age Harly you seem to be reduced somewhat in that sector lately.

Archived