Election to be announced tomorrow for Thursday 6th May.

Wouldn't it be nice if Gordon informed the Queen of the date before the BBC?

I don't think that is a viable process any more. He'd have to make the appointment to see her, and someone would tell the papers about it. We'd either know officially or know unofficially, but we would know.

Wouldn't it be nice if Gordon informed the Queen of the date before the BBC?

Why's that? It's not the Victorian age anymore you know.

She's probably not bothered anyway, out somewhere blasting pheasants out of the sky!

Is the next government going to be Labour, Conservative or will it be a hung parliament with all the uncertainty that surrounds that? I'm going for either a very small Tory majority, or a hung parliament with the Tories the largest party.

I think it's time we had a change of party, we've had the Conservatives in power since Maggie Thatcher, right through to the closet Tories under Tory Bliar and Gorgon Brown.

I think it's time we had a change of party, we've had the Conservatives in power since Maggie Thatcher, right through to the closet Tories under Tory Bliar and Gorgon Brown.

Even though this Labour government has stolen a lot of the Conservative's ideas I wouldn't say that the Labour party has become the Conservative party. The amount of regulations and the instinct to control of everything from the centre, ranging from teachers, doctors to police. When you couple this with the increase of the size of government and the amount of new laws passed, there is defiantly a different political instinct at work with the labour government, I would say that this Labour party is more of a social democrat party.

Archived