Who the heck do I vote for? Or Shall I not bother?

No of course I haven't. But then again, I've never sought to dictate and determine the lives of millions of people.

Also, I don't expect any of the parties to be perfect. Neither do I expect them to be mendacious thieves who would sell their own granny for a fiver.

So excuse me if I portray a GENERAL attitude. It's just that, as I highlighted, the MPs certainly present a GENERAL attitude to the electorate.

Not sure that I understand by what you mean by general attitude to the electorate but, whatever.Lighten up my friend and enjoy the election campaign, one of them's going to win!

At the risk of getting lynched for what I'm about to say. I haven't voted in years. In fact I am almost 29 and haven't voted in 4 years. I don't believe a word any of the party's say.

What I would like to see is an improvement in NHS healthcare, more support for hard workers and more effort to quash the "benefits" culture. Although people say it, we have heard it all before.

I agree I'm not getting a say by doing this, but I feel I have more chance of getting a good result playing the lottery. Voting is like Russian roulette to me.

I'm really not sure I want to vote .. but of course, that'll have all the women going .. "ooh women died for the vote .. and on and on"

Would they really say "ooh" or did you just add that in for effect?

The thing that bothers me about people not voting is that is exactly what the ruling hegemony want in a democratic system - passivicivissivity.

Listening to the commons, they all sound like baying school kids ..

I'm really not sure I want to vote .. but of course, that'll have all the women going .. "ooh women died for the vote .. and on and on" .. and the other lot who say .. "well don't moan if you don't like what the voted in party does in the future as YOU, your vote, could have changed all this, so you don't have a say!"

I have absolutely no idea ... they are all bloody idiots that can't possibly deliver all they say they will -

Help.

are you looking for a change in politics, not just a change in the politicians?

if so vote for electoral reform... and just as importantly: tell the other candidates you're not voting for them and why.

There should be a clearly set out document for each party where their stance on every topic is defined in a way that could be accurately monitored. You could then make a fair comparison. They should also be judged against this, and it should be recorded whenever they didn't do something they said they would. Until this happens it is impossible to make an accurate judgement on who would do the better job. The party with the best PR team wins every time.

Listening to the commons, they all sound like baying school kids ..

I'm really not sure I want to vote .. but of course, that'll have all the women going .. "ooh women died for the vote .. and on and on" .. and the other lot who say .. "well don't moan if you don't like what the voted in party does in the future as YOU, your vote, could have changed all this, so you don't have a say!"

I have absolutely no idea ... they are all bloody idiots that can't possibly deliver all they say they will -

Help.

Just do some research, have a look at their manifestos and make an informed choice. Don't be asking who you should vote for on an Internet Forum, that just makes you look thick!

I am thick with regards to politics .. Mainly because I really dont give a donkeys as I really truly believe that they are all as bad as one another .. they all say the same thing in a roundabout way .. and who are we kidding? Life isn't going to change for us working class .. not in my future anyways ..

So actually, I will be voting for the local party whose name amuses me most .. last time it was the Monster Raving Looney Party ..

Archived