Who the heck do I vote for? Or Shall I not bother?

the fact you voted means you have the right to complain, people who don't vote should just sit quietly.

It is actually the opposite.

If you voted, you accepted the system as it is, and therefore don't have the right to complain.

If you refused to take place in the charade at all, then you retain the right to criticise.

John X

Listening to the commons, they all sound like baying school kids ..

I'm really not sure I want to vote .. but of course, that'll have all the women going .. "ooh women died for the vote .. and on and on" .. and the other lot who say .. "well don't moan if you don't like what the voted in party does in the future as YOU, your vote, could have changed all this, so you don't have a say!"

I have absolutely no idea ... they are all bloody idiots that can't possibly deliver all they say they will -

Help.

Don't bother. Who ever you vote for will only be bothered about themselves, not you! :)

If you voted, you accepted the system as it is, and therefore don't have the right to complain.

If you refused to take place in the charade at all, then you retain the right to criticise.

John X

No it doesn't mean you accepted it if the party you vote for does not get in, so no one should vote then? If you have not voted you have not had a chance to change the system, who is to say the party you voted for will gain power but at least you have voted and had your say. There is too much apathy in this country when it comes to elections, people say well my vote doesn't matter. Of course it matters if 40% of people in a ward don't vote that is a hell of a lot of votes that could change the result, that is why I believe it should be compulsory.

But you insist on reading these threads and then moaning about them :loopy:

It was actually the first one I'd read. I've just seen countless titles and had to wade through them. I never once said I'd read through them did I?

Think before you post abuse and the childish little symbols, please. It's not a difficult one is it.

Moosey .... I love your name ... I'd vote for you! :D :D

You're more than welcome to be my deputy prime minister (or whatever it is they have!) :)

I'll create a nice job for you don't worry.

If you have not voted you have not had a chance to change the system,

You don't vote to change the system. You vote to change who runs the system.

An important difference.

If everyone whose name is on the ballot paper is effectively promising the same thing, who do you suggest I vote for?

John X

I did votematch and it told me I should be voting libdem. Frankly until they admit who they would join if we did have a hung parliament (which they will never admit) I think its a very dangerous choice.

Last on my list was labour-I'll agree with that!

John X

Exactly.

I watched the chancellors debate on c4 last week. Anyone who watched that and still votes Tory is seriously delusional!

Imo, labour need to stay in to continue what they've begun with the recovery of the economy.

Do we really want to risk what happened under a Tory government in the 80s?

Archived