Advertising the morning after pill in the metro?

its free for girls under a certain age these are the main people who think its easier.

rather than saying no condom no way they are saying oh go on then ill sort it out in the morning

I didn't know there was an age limit to it being free? I thought it was free for any woman who can attend a NHS walk in centre/ family planning centre. I know people aged over 25 who have sourced it free from these places

Where did you get the statistics from to back up the claim above about young girls finding it easier to use emergency contraception? Would be interesting reading.. I have never found anything to back this up and wouldn't mind a read? Cheers

its free for girls under a certain age these are the main people who think its easier.

rather than saying no condom no way they are saying oh go on then ill sort it out in the morning

It's only free if they go to a doctor/family planning clinic and get it on prescription - it will always cost when obtained 'over the counter'.

controlled use of it i agree with but you can get it over a counter very very easily. i don;t know anyone who didnt know about it before the adverts

It isn't just handed out like other over the counter drugs. A pharmacist will ask someone much the same questions a doctor would before issuing it - the only major difference is that they don't have access to someone's medical records. If someone chooses to lie to get the drug, that's their problem. It isn't the only potentially very harmful drug that's sold over the counter.

i went with a friend for it and she got it free over the counter, if its changed i apologise.

i have no statistics but i know alot of girls who have and know that that is still too many.

I don't just post with a load of numbers and i haven't researched this. if you can find me proof people dont do this i would enjoy a read.

if this is what they do, they will find their body in a very bad way.

I needed to take it a couple of times last year and I could barely get my body to functon in any way at all for about a week afterward.

I feel sorry for anyone who would want to do that to themselves just for the sake of a condom.

i went with a friend for it and she got it free over the counter, if its changed i apologise.

i have no statistics but i know alot of girls who have and know that that is still too many.

I don't just post with a load of numbers and i haven't researched this. if you can find me proof people dont do this i would enjoy a read.

Have you thought about having a chat with those girls you know and find out some reasons why they find it easier... just out if interest. It is very strange that people do this...

I wasn't being picky, just maybe you should add "I think" before the statements about lots of girls doing it, as it gave me the impression there was something worth reading on this. I wouldn't look for proof that they don't as tbh I don't have that much interest in what people stick on their own bodies, I think we all have options, I was just interested in your angle :)

i dont think its the best idea either really.

im not saying make it totaly unheard of, but i think it should be less accessible.

also with abortion did you not at one point have to prove you were unfit to be a parent. i don't disagree with it but im not sure i can do it. thats not the point im just wondering about opinions on the matter. Do you also think that they should seek some kind of an agreement with the father before consenting to perform the abortion?

if this is what they do, they will find their body in a very bad way.

I needed to take it a couple of times last year and I could barely get my body to functon in any way at all for about a week afterward.

I feel sorry for anyone who would want to do that to themselves just for the sake of a condom.

Really.. I haven't heard of that before. I know it can make people sick and lethargic, amongst other things. Did you maybe have an allergic reaction?

Maybe the OP has a point, as not everyone would have those side effects, so they may see it as an option.. I'm amazed that people would rather take the pill then use a condom, just as you are. But maybe this has something to do with the way people aren't told the full facts about contraception. My mum used to be a sexual health worker and some of the things she has told me about people issuing contraception to young girls, is one of the reasons she stopped doing it, I believe.

i dont think its the best idea either really.

im not saying make it totaly unheard of, but i think it should be less accessible.

also with abortion did you not at one point have to prove you were unfit to be a parent. i don't disagree with it but im not sure i can do it. thats not the point im just wondering about opinions on the matter. Do you also think that they should seek some kind of an agreement with the father before consenting to perform the abortion?

Abortion isn't as easily accessible as people think. Lots of questions are asked, and counselling is offered. They ask reasons why you cannot go through with it, talk to you about the male partner who contributed to the pregnancy etc etc. I don't think an agreement should be made with the father.. what if he doesn't know? What if the pregnant girl was raped or something similar? I think that although the government may not have made the best options, but they have done what they can to try and prevent teenage baby booms.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-morning-after-pill

this was my point.

perhaps it was just the doctor that my friend went to that was exactly thorough with her questions then. the consulting the father thing was only really a question, are there any rights for the father if the couple are married or do the rights only come after the birth?

Archived