Advertising the morning after pill in the metro?

people were saying the reason the m-a-p is used is based on condoms splitting/pills failing etc

that number shows that 43% of young girls do not use contraception, which therefore shows that if any of those do use the m-a-p they haven't had a condom split have they.

You don't know if any of them use the MaP or are even sexually active, so that doesn't advance the discussion at all.

now i am getting extremely bored of this thread because it seems that nobody has the ability to say no i don't agree, my opinion is.

It seems fairly obvious that most people don't agree and don't have a problem with the advertising of the MaP because they think that access to emergency contraception, and the knowledge that it exists in the first place is a good thing for women to have.

instead of getting opinions which is what i asked for ive got a bunch of reasons why mine isn't valid NOT the point of the thread.

That's how discussions go, if someone doesn't agree then they'll say why.

I think I did state an opinion on the advert though. It sounds like a potential waste of money as you said that everyone knows about the MaP anyway. If you're correct then there's no need to advertise it, but that isn't why you object to the advertising.

Personally I think that a low level of advertising is probably needed as it's still a fairly new thing and not as well embedded in the public consciousness as other forms of contraception.

How do those suggesting the use/distribution of the MaP should be controlled think this should be achieved whilst maintaining the "emergency" part of emergency contraceptive?

If women want to use the MaP as their main form of contraceptive then who are "we" to argue, yes, they're repeatedly exposing themselves to high levels of hormones etc but that's the beauty of having freedom to do what you want to your own body.

Exposure to STI's, again, people know the risks, they take the chances,, stopping/reducing access to a safe medical drug isn't going to noticeably reduce the occurence of unsafe sexual practices.

Do people have issues with adverts for

ibuprofen?

vagisil?

condoms?

people were saying the reason the m-a-p is used is based on condoms splitting/pills failing etc

that number shows that 43% of young girls do not use contraception, which therefore shows that if any of those do use the m-a-p they haven't had a condom split have they.

now i am getting extremely bored of this thread because it seems that nobody has the ability to say no i don't agree, my opinion is.

instead of getting opinions which is what i asked for ive got a bunch of reasons why mine isn't valid NOT the point of the thread.

I was only trying to point out that you can't say that there are 'too many' cases of something when you don't know how many there are in the first place.

To answer your question though - I don't have a problem with it, or the advert, and I don't think that these adverts will make anyone less likely to use protection in the first place.

Archived