Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

For anyone who remembers Radio Hallam from the start, click on the link below for a little audio nostalgia:

http://www.streamload.com/davidbarras/Emison_RadioHallam.mp3

(Link provided with the permission of David Barras)

Wow,that was surreal hearing those again,thanks Markybaby,didnt realise how old Therocklegend was...:o

Just to say after rummaging in my darkest attic corner for 2 hours today found several 7" open reel tapes of Radio Hallam, featuring according to the first box, THE RAY STUART SHOW, Sunday 10am -12 Noon, and THE HALLAM COUNTDOWN, 2pm while 5pm, with Kelly Temple......am shortly going to fire up the old reel to reel machine and see if I can copy it to CDR...Copies can be made avilable for anyone interested in old skool Radio Hallam.....

other tapes are marked COLIN SLADE, Roundabout, 2pm while 5pm, November 1977

Ray Stuart, Roundabout, 2pm while 5pm, July 1978

Mike Rouse Flying Pizza Show, Saturdays Noon while 2pm, April 1977

Martin Kellner SHow with the 3 Degrees live in studio, July 1980, 10pm

Kelly Temple, Hallam Countdown, September 1977

Ray Stuart, Top 40, Saturday, December 1976

Keith Skues, Lunch with a Punch, show from May 1977

Radio Hallam fun tour, Crosspool Tavern, July 1977 with Ray Stuart, Kelly Temple and Johnny Moran

The Radio Hallam Hot 100, 7 hour marathon show with K Skues, broadcast 1977

The Great Revived 45 SHow, several complete editions, Kelly Temple, Thursdays from 8pm to 10pm, years 1974, 1971, 1959, 1966, 1968, 1963, 1973, 1970, 1969, 1965, all broadcast May/June/july 1977

will let you know the outcome, or even if the content is still as marked on the boxes. Not seen these since the early 80's they were buried under attic junk....

SUCCESS....well partially, the tapes all had later stuff on them from Radio 1, ie top 40 shows from 1980/1/2 with Tony Blackburn, but found what I thought I had thrown away, a C120 cassette of Hallam stuff, mainly bits and bobs, from Summer 1978 which inc Kelly Temple and Ray Stuart Going to transfer contents to CDR and them turn it into a streaming mp3......watch this space over the next few days.......

I loved Radio Hallam. I used to listen to Martin Kelner's show and me and my mate used to write in on loo paper! We were Splish and Splash!

I remember when it went 24 hours. I was very ill and spent most of my teens in and out of hospital having operations, due to congenital disabilities. It was amazing to have 24 hour local radio. It really helped, esp when it was a rough time.

I remember all the jocks, I am ashamed to say I was 'mad' on Kelly Temple in my early/mid teens. Thank goodness we grow up! There was something very special about Radio Hallam. I used to enjoy listening to t5he many varied styles from Roger Moffatt to Cindy Kent. How I wanted to work there!

This thread has bought back great memories.

I loved Radio Hallam. I used to listen to Martin Kelner's show and me and my mate used to write in on loo paper! We were Splish and Splash!

I remember when it went 24 hours. I was very ill and spent most of my teens in and out of hospital having operations, due to congenital disabilities. It was amazing to have 24 hour local radio. It really helped, esp when it was a rough time.

I remember all the jocks, I am ashamed to say I was 'mad' on Kelly Temple in my early/mid teens. Thank goodness we grow up! There was something very special about Radio Hallam. I used to enjoy listening to t5he many varied styles from Roger Moffatt to Cindy Kent. How I wanted to work there!

This thread has bought back great memories

Does anyone remember a rough date when hallam went 24 hours. I am not quite sure exactly when it was but would be interested to know?

• 1 month later...

Kelly Temple moved down to London in the early '80's after accepting a job with Capital Radio. He also dabbled in TV presenting - landing his own childrens pop show 'The Bizz' on ITV (I believe).

He still lives in London with his family and is now a successful businessman.

I worked on meals on wheels in the early eighties and Roger Moffatt was one of our customers. I didn't actually take his meals out to him as I didn't do the route he lived on at the time (can't remember where it was) but one of the other volunteers delivered to him.

Dean Peppal rings a bell - he's my nephew's wife's uncle.

On another note, I wish I'd have hung onto my old tapes. I didn't have any of Radio Hallam but had all the top twenty countdowns from radio 1 from the late seventies right through to back end of the eighties. I chucked them all out in a clearing out session - regret it now.