Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Yeh, nice one Kirky - I clearly remember that Mr Hodgkiss ad! What about the one for Roxy Nightclub, 'Is that alright for yers?'

I've forgotten the chap's name, but he died really young from a heart-attack.

I also recall the Fletchers ad: Good for you, good for me; Don't wait till tomorrow, fetch yourself a Fletcher's loaf.

I'm sure if I sat in a darkened room a whole plethora of ads would spring to mind, The Moor the Merrier etc!!

OMG the Roxy's advert, I'd almost forgotten that - it was on Radio Hallam around the time I used to go in Roxy's - happy days.

• 4 weeks later...
Anthony Gay who used to present for many years on Hallam who as programme director built up the station in to the RAJAR success it is today, was poached by EMAP flagship sister station Key 103 to do the same there.

PERRRLEEEAAAASEEE, Kevin. Anthony Gay did little or nothing to 'build up' Hallam. By the time he took over, Emap had already reduced the job to 'dj-scheduler' as it remains to this very day. (And he wasn't 'poached' - it was an internal Emap 'shove'. He's since been 'shoved' again, this time even further away, to De-Preston's rock fm.)

• 4 months later...

Hi... This is Tim Finlay.. It's really weird to be on line and you see your name as part of a discussion on a web site. So naturally what do you do ? You log on and have a good look at all the messages and discussions about the old days at Hallam ( or Radio Hallam ) as it was then. I came to Hallam at the tail end of their 'Golden' era and I used to follow Ray Stewart in the evenings, he finished at 2am and I carried on till 6am when Johnny Moran would take ove for breakfast. Ray was great and for the last hour of his show I would be sat in the studio and he would tell me bout the the 'Old days'

Hallam FM along with Viking FM and Pennine ( or the Pulse ) were very good to me and their loyal listeners were the very best. I have some cracking memories and some of the best times ever. I'm out of radio at the moment but who knows what the future of radio holds. We all know it keeps coming round in a big circle. Maybe someone will realize that Retro makes big momey and do something on a theme.!! Just perhaps people might wanna listen to what the Presenter has to say.... You can train a monkey to play 5 in a row

All the very best to anyone who remembers. Tim

Hallam in the 70`s was very entertaining with Roger Moffatt being compelled to play Ram Jam`s "Black Betty" which he hated. I always looked forward to Money Mountain with their auctions of gifts donated to their charity. I still have Amos Brearley`s shirt and Annie Sugden`s Jubilee Pinny!:hihi:

Thinking about some of the adverts on Hallam brought back some warm memories, Fletcher`s Loaf and Roxy`s having been mentioned before. Anyone remember the adverts for CCC and 19. " 19 na na na na, na na na 19! " Both of which must have taken all of 10 seconds to research and develop!:hihi:

I did enjoy Colin Slade at 7pm till 9pm then straight over to John Peel on Radio 1. Happy Memories!!!

Its good to see some more posts about Radio Hallam after a qhile. Thanks tim for writing in. I used to hear you on Hallam on Saturday nights around 1986 10 while 2. Also remember you on Yorkshire Radio Network fro 8 till midnight.

As adverts are I remember CCC and one that was mentioned earlier in the forum the 1 for PA Jewallery the old bank commonside Walkley Mr. Hodgekins Mr. Hodgekins.

Also still looking for old Hallam recordings from the 70s and early 80s

• 3 months later...

Anyone remember a late night show on Hallam before Martin Kelner took over, roundabout 1976? It was called, i think "Into The Night", but for the life of me i can't remember the name of the female presenter with the lovely seductive voice!

Anyone remember a late night show on Hallam before Martin Kelner took over, roundabout 1976? It was called, i think "Into The Night", but for the life of me i can't remember the name of the female presenter with the lovely seductive voice!

It was Beverley Chubb !

Radio Hallam Jobfinder broadcast five times every weekday 6.30am 10.30am 12.30am I can't remember the rest... that was me... well jo was the voice ,and what a voice,hic, and I wrote the words behind the voice. Seems a life time ago. Good to hear Mr. Blincow is living the high life.. but then he always did.

Brenda Ellison (Roger Moffat's old side kick) could have been presenting it around 1976. I remember Ray Stuart trying to emulate voice over genius, Bill Mitchell's style with the intro. "Into the night, with Brenda Ellison". I'm sure I've got a recording of it somewhere.