Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Hi... This is Tim Finlay.. It's really weird to be on line and you see your name as part of a discussion on a web site.

Only just seen this post, not sure if you're still reading, but I think one of Hallam 's best time was when it teamed up in the evenings and weekends with Viking and Pennine for the "Yorkshire Radio Network".

Whatever happened to James Watt?

• 2 weeks later...
Only just seen this post, not sure if you're still reading, but I think one of Hallam 's best time was when it teamed up in the evenings and weekends with Viking and Pennine for the "Yorkshire Radio Network".

Whatever happened to James Watt?

I think James Watt is now working for BBC Local Radio. Radio Lancishire I think.

Just found this site by chance - and what memories it brings back! From about 1978 till I left Sheffield in 1981, I was a regular listener and caller to Martin Kelner's show. I was (and still am) a Mansfield supporter and there was another regular caller called Darren Rowe who supported Forest. We were constantly passing jibes and wind-ups about our respective teams on-air through Martin. Does anybody remember Martin's two female sidekicks, Sarah Lupino Lane and Lynn Mullen "the Bionic Bot"?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi... This is Tim Finlay.. It's really weird to be on line and you see your name as part of a discussion on a web site. So naturally what do you do ? You log on and have a good look at all the messages and discussions about the old days at Hallam ( or Radio Hallam ) as it was then. I came to Hallam at the tail end of their 'Golden' era and I used to follow Ray Stewart in the evenings, he finished at 2am and I carried on till 6am when Johnny Moran would take ove for breakfast. Ray was great and for the last hour of his show I would be sat in the studio and he would tell me bout the the 'Old days'

Hallam FM along with Viking FM and Pennine ( or the Pulse ) were very good to me and their loyal listeners were the very best. I have some cracking memories and some of the best times ever. I'm out of radio at the moment but who knows what the future of radio holds. We all know it keeps coming round in a big circle. Maybe someone will realize that Retro makes big momey and do something on a theme.!! Just perhaps people might wanna listen to what the Presenter has to say.... You can train a monkey to play 5 in a row

All the very best to anyone who remembers. Tim

Yes! I certainly remember you from Radio Hallam in the early hours when I should have been asleep. Back in 1985ish to 1989 Radio Hallam was brilliant and was always listening to it as a teenager then.

Wasnt there a jingle for Tim Finlay that had something like "under the duvet music with Tim Finlay" or have I dreamt it???

Hello there, was just browsing the internet when I noticed my name on this forum. It brought a warm comfy feeling to the cockles of my heart! I left Hallam in the late 80's and moved further North and was with BBC Radio Cleveland for a while, and have settled for the moment in North Yorkshire.

Radio Hallam in those days was very special, and I shall always look back with great fondness......it was fab.

I still miss Sheffield and would just like to wish everyone lots of luck and happiness....and if you know of a vacant seat infront of a microphone......give me a call........:)

Amanda Charlesworth.

I can remember you on Hallam in the 80s. Am I right in thinking you did a show on Sunday nights at 10pm called 'Charlies Enterprises'? With a bit in it called 'Magic at Midnight?

Loved the programme even though I should have been in bed asleep ready to get up for school on the Monday lol.

Many memories reading this thread.

Mike Lindsey and Alan West were both from RNI - the pirate radio station in the early 1970's.

Keith "Cardboard Shoes" Skues was unceremomiously ditched from Hallam whilst doing his bit for Queen and Country ( think it was the TA ) abroad. Not very nice when you are supposed to be the programme controller.