Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Have loved reading the memories of Radio Hallam. I was at school when it started and I remember winning a competition run on the morning show by Johnny Moran. The prize was tickets to the Gaumont Cinema and to meet Slade who were making a personal appearance to publicise their film 'Flame'. I was so scared at meeting my heroes that i froze when it was time to go on stage and only went to the front after they had gone off! Got a signed album which i wish i still had now, its a great memory. Would love to meet Noddy and the lads now though. Later on i have fond memories of the Martin Kelner show at night, it was cult listening for a lot of people, he used to play stand up routines from our favourite comedians, it was great. The station was so different at the time, commercial radio was a new thing then and now there are so many stations they all sound the same. Nice to read other peoples recolections.

on a slightly side note the blue bell pub on high street in Sheffield next to Radio hallams old studios and ex local to many ex hallam djs like Johnny Moran,Ray stewart etc.(had many a pint in there with them) is still a good pub now called cavells,owned by Brian Cavell,an old local dj,who used to run the grand central network from the wig and pen and pig and wistle

he ran the Shaggy Dog mobile disco too.

Does anyone remember Ray stewarts jingle

"hey mugsy whats that you are holding in your hand is it a 45?

no it aint a 45,its a 33 and a third jim,

ok mugsy Play a track.

also the fun tour jingle,

Meeting people face to face

thats what we want to do,

were out and about in hallam land we want to meet you.

does anyone still have a copy of their mag,with all the djs on the front cover in uniform with the black and orange range rover,over looking Sheffield.

I like the way they now have two Golden Hours, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

The lady deejay who likes to laugh at herself (surely she should have her own studio posse?) always says 'I haven't heard this song in absolutely ages' which is strange because she only played it three days earlier.

I can list what songs are coming up just by hearing what the first song is. This applies to all the identikit stations (Real, Heart, Viking et al), none of which dare treat us to a song that didn't make the top ten. I am sure these Top Ten At Tens are simply compilation CDs which are just played over and over again.

It's predictable, it's safe and it's incredibly boring.

Thus, it's Radio 2 for me.

Last year Goldenflease posted a lonk to a streaming of a Radio Hamman Recording from 1978 with Ray Stuart and bits of Keelly Temple. I heard it a few times but never tried to download it. After a couple of months the link was invalid. Did anyone actually download it? ai would like to obtain a copy of it if possible.

There are a lot of threads asking what happened to all the Hallam djs etc. but are there any anaraks or geeks out there who knows what happened to all the equpment from the Studios at Hartshead when they sold out and mooved to Hillsborough.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone remember Roger Moffat's (RIP) jingle

"I like Roger Moffat,Ialso like baked beans

But you cant eat Roger"?.

It has to be even to this day the worst jingle in the history of broadcasting and some on other stations have been bad.

It was a spoken jingle by a child which sounded about 6 or 7.

It used to drive kelly temple mad on the Fun Tours when Roger was in the studio and handing over to the roadshow he always played it as he was handing over when kelly was on,as he knew he hated it.:gag: