Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Refresh your memories with these...and remark "whatever happened to..."

http://www.mediafire.com/?bcmw1htztdf

http://www.savefile.com/files/1849588

Like the Hole In The Road,they once were there but now they've gone!

As for the archive,yes,you're right that most of it went to landfill (including the master of the great "Hallamland" and 1982 Sue Manning Music Custom package which you've heard a 3rd generation copy of above) but luckily,some of the jingle masters plus the old ad's you've heard,and some old shows are in safe keeping and being well looked after by one of the younger ex-Hallam jocks who has a real love for radio .

By the way,if you haven't seen this yet,it's worth a couple of minutes of your time...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=W5NJdNfDB2A

Thank you very much for sharing those jingles and ads!:thumbsup:

In such high quality too.

It's like visiting an old friend that you haven't heard from for years.

Does anyone else remember Tony Hatch coming in to the heartshead studio,when Roger Moffat was doing the request show one weekday evening at 6pm,he some how got him to compose and play a song live on air called "Anything".

he said he would play it everytime someone sent in a request and asked if he would play anything.And Roger did!

Also i remember Roger Moffat being offed a sum of money for the money mountain to present the morning show live,blind folded,credit to Roger he did,but it turned out to be a cruel hokes.

he also turned up at the heartshead studio one day in his jarmers after locking him self out of his flat.

What a Charactor.

And on his first day in Sheffield he upset everyone by calling Sheffield a B***** awful place,it was because it was a sunday afternoon,he got off the train at Dore station and was driven to the studio for the first time,he noticed that the pubs were closed,that didnt go down to well with him. when asked what he thought of Sheffield on air he said it looks like a B***** awful place.later that week in the "Dove and rainbow" a listner walked over to him and poured a pint over him for it.

He also got in to trouble with the council at Nether Edge for painting a gass lamp in brightly coloured stripes.

Good old Roger.

Does anyone else remember Tony Hatch coming in to the heartshead studio,when Roger Moffat was doing the request show one weekday evening at 6pm,he some how got him to compose and play a song live on air called "Anything".

he said he would play it everytime someone sent in a request and asked if he would play anything.And Roger did!

"Anything, anything, I would give you anything.

I could bring, songs to sing.

Words that rhyme with anything.

And all my love to see you through

But would it mean, anything to youooo"

• 2 weeks later...
Also i remember Roger Moffat being offed a sum of money for the money mountain to present the morning show live,blind folded,credit to Roger he did,but it turned out to be a cruel hokes.

he also turned up at the heartshead studio one day in his jarmers after locking him self out of his flat.

What a Charactor.

And on his first day in Sheffield he upset everyone by calling Sheffield a B***** awful place,it was because it was a sunday afternoon,he got off the train at Dore station and was driven to the studio for the first time,he noticed that the pubs were closed,that didnt go down to well with him. when asked what he thought of Sheffield on air he said it looks like a B***** awful place.later that week in the "Dove and rainbow" a listner walked over to him and poured a pint over him for it.

He also got in to trouble with the council at Nether Edge for painting a gass lamp in brightly coloured stripes.

Good old Roger.

Actually, Roger got off the train in Sheffield at the Midland Station, on a wet Sunday afternoon with all the pubs shut!

If he had realised how close to the city centre Dore station was, then he would have got off the train at Dore instead.

A Sun newspaper reporter interviewed him as he left the station, asking him what he thought of Sheffield and Roger replied that it was a bloody awful place.

But Roger did say that any place on a wet Sunday afternoon with no pubs open would be a bloody awful place.

Remember it was 1974 and i suppose the city centre was dead - no pubs, shops open etc

Not like today.

Thanks for clarifying that,i remember most things but its such a long time ago now the memory isnt what it used to be,reading these threads bring a lot of memories flooding back.

"Bringing back the good times"

there is only "Big John" worth listening to on Hallam now.

he would have been great back in the 70s with Kelly temple,Mike Rouse,Roger moffat etc.