Whatever happened to Radio Hallam...

Hi everyone.

If anyone out therer has any old Radio hallam recordings please let me know. Particularly from the 70s and early 8u0s. It would be good to hear some of the old jocks and jingles again. If anyone has any and willing to make copies please let me know.

It's lovely to read everybody's comments about the life I led for 16 years - I guess I was lucky to be part of it.

Graham - Take your mind back to the job you had BEFORE you joined Hallam - at an engineering company. You interviewed me for a storeman's job - but thought I had potential to become a work study engineer and gave me the chance.

That turned my whole life around - I am not in Work Study now, but I have no doubt whatsoever that without you giving me that opportunity my life would have been completly different.

I have often thought about that interview, but never had chance to remark upon it.

Let me publicly say thank you very very much

• 2 months later...

Hello there, was just browsing the internet when I noticed my name on this forum. It brought a warm comfy feeling to the cockles of my heart! I left Hallam in the late 80's and moved further North and was with BBC Radio Cleveland for a while, and have settled for the moment in North Yorkshire.

Radio Hallam in those days was very special, and I shall always look back with great fondness......it was fab.

I still miss Sheffield and would just like to wish everyone lots of luck and happiness....and if you know of a vacant seat infront of a microphone......give me a call........:)

Amanda Charlesworth.

• 2 weeks later...

Following replacement of a failed computer hard disk I'm in the process of re-ripping our CD collection and having a listen to stuff which rarely gets listen to...

Just listened to one track which has a Radio Hallam connection, Harry Chapin - WOLD, OK I've told you the track, who is old enough and anorak enough to know the connection. As a clue I will say the connection is with Johnny Moran .

I think the connection is that the song links with johny moran because he was the morning DJ on Radio Hallam

Elephant :thumbsup:

Johnny Moran had jingles sung by Harry Chapin... "I am the moring DJ on Hallam Radio", the line take from Chapins song WOLD.

I have a few recordings of Radio Hallam from the first ten years, but sadly none including that particular jingle.

I do have lots of Hallam stuff from 77 to 81 on tape somewhere....its just finding it....quite a few reel to reel stereo tapes as well of complete shows of Kelly Temple, Ray Stuart, Colin Slade and Keith Skues........regrettably my attic is stuffed to the rafters with tapes, videos and junk and finding anything at all involves a total house clearance...

I still miss Sheffield and would just like to wish everyone lots of luck and happiness....and if you know of a vacant seat infront of a microphone......give me a call........:)

Amanda Charlesworth.

Try Rother FM's web site. It would be nice to hear you on the airwaves around rotherham at least

"PRESENTERS - ROTHER FM

Rother FM is looking for talented radio presenters with experience of life and a good sense of humour, able to bring personality to every link!

You’ll be at home talking to people of all ages and you’ll have good knowledge of music from the 60s to the current day."

I think you fit the bill!