Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?

I just think you're being petty and mardy about it. It's not as though if we got rid of the royals, we'd be any better off and we'd probably be considerably worse off.

We could end up with some meglomaniac like Mugabe in charge for ever and ever, and his subjects are certainly equal with him, aren't they?

As per usual you dipturds have veered so far from the OP that i think you need :help:. The OP title was "Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?", Why not a simple answer, or a debate on the closer topic?.

How the hell does it decend into chuffin comparisons to magabe?....As per usual alot of hot air from alot of self proclaimed boffins!

We could end up with some meglomaniac like Mugabe in charge for ever and ever

Mugabe is a worst case scenario for an open democracy. We could end up with a million outcomes from democracy, that is the downfall of the system. It is not a benefit to monarchy.

I prefer a Constitutional Monarchy to living under Mugabe, but then i prefer America's system of government, with it's flaws, to our Monarchy. Presidents can be impeached, removed, if need be. Power is shared between the Senate and The House of Representatives, and the executive branch with the President. I'd like to avoid the un-elected cabinet that America seems to value.

As per usual you dipturds have veered so far from the OP that i think you need :help:. The OP title was "Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?", Why not a simple answer, or a debate on the closer topic?.

How the hell does it decend into chuffin comparisons to magabe?....As per usual alot of hot air from alot of self proclaimed boffins!

dipturds AND boffins? Both at the same time? That's quite an achievement when you come to think of it. Oh wait - did you mean 'buffoons'? :confused:

We had the simple answer right at the start and that could have been the end of the thread. However, since then - the convo has moved on.

I just think you're being petty and mardy about it. It's not as though if we got rid of the royals, we'd be any better off and we'd probably be considerably worse off.

We could end up with some meglomaniac like Mugabe in charge for ever and ever, and his subjects are certainly equal with him, aren't they?

Mardy ? how so...

she should adhere to laws and everything (tax) like we do with no preferential treatment. not alot to ask is it.

what has mugabe got to do with the queen :hihi:

she should lead by example

Mardy ? how so...

she should adhere to laws and everything (tax) like we do with no preferential treatment. not alot to ask is it.

what has mugabe got to do with the queen :hihi:

I think it's a tremendous amount to ask, tbh. But what laws do you know that the Queen has ever broken? A lot of the other royals have been in court for speeding, for sure. I don't understand this obsession with trying to drag our national figurehead down to the lowest level of pondlife. It's like the Labour politics of envy syndrome. Bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

As far as the Mugabe reference, if you were following this thread it's actually about why Brown had to go to the Queen about dissolving Parliament. If we didn't have her, as as previously been stated, he could just pass Acts of Extension and stay in power forever, which he obviously would love to do, having already promised us another 5 years of him if Labour get in! Mugabe is another such one who appears impossible to shift and his fellow countryman most certainly don't have parity with him, wouldn't you agree? That was the general thrust of my analogy.

But this is just going around in circles and I've said everything I want to say. So I'll do a ChrisSleeps and leave you to it. :)

PS the Queen does pay tax :)

she should lead by example

And if her Grandson really does want to go and fight in Afghanistan let him, if he wants to. I'd completely change my opinion on the family if they lowered themselves to the terrible task of dying for this country.

I think it's a tremendous amount to ask, tbh. But what laws do you know that the Queen has ever broken? A lot of the other royals have been in court for speeding, for sure. I don't understand this obsession with trying to drag our national figurehead down to the lowest level of pondlife. It's like the Labour politics of envy syndrome. Bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

As far as the Mugabe reference, if you were following this thread it's actually about why Brown had to go to the Queen about dissolving Parliament. If we didn't have her, as as previously been stated, he could just pass Acts of Extension and stay in power forever, which he obviously would love to do, having already promised us another 5 years of him if Labour get in! Mugabe is another such one who appears impossible to shift and his fellow countryman most certainly don't have parity with him, wouldn't you agree? That was the general thrust of my analogy.

But this is just going around in circles and I've said everything I want to say. So I'll do a ChrisSleeps and leave you to it. :)

PS the Queen does pay tax :)

your making me laugh with this carry on :hihi:

And if her Grandson really does want to go and fight in Afghanistan let him, if he wants to. I'd completely change my opinion on the family if they lowered themselves to the terrible task of dying for this country.

As a matter of interest have any of our goverment got sons or daughters who have served in a war zone. Or have any of them?

he'll get the victoria cross in a few years.:hihi:

As a matter of interest have any of our goverment got sons or daughters who have served in a war zone. Or have any of them?

I have no idea, but they are elected. They have to represent the people who vote for them, they don't have to go and fight. Prince Harry doesn't have to fight either, but he chose to join the Army, and he proclaims his desire to fight - so let him.

Archived