Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?

Does this sound familiar?

Edward VIII Wiki

When the First World War (1914–18 ) broke out, Edward had reached the minimum age for active service and was keen to participate.[13] He had joined the Grenadier Guards in June 1914, and although Edward was willing to serve on the front lines, Secretary of State for War Lord Kitchener refused to allow it, citing the immense harm that would occur if the heir to the throne were captured.

I have no idea, but they are elected. They have to represent the people who vote for them, they don't have to go and fight. Prince Harry doesn't have to fight either, but he chose to join the Army, and he proclaims his desire to fight - so let him.

But it is the goverment who involved us in the wars and so why if they beleive it is right don't their sons go.

I have no idea, but they are elected. They have to represent the people who vote for them, they don't have to go and fight. Prince Harry doesn't have to fight either, but he chose to join the Army, and he proclaims his desire to fight - so let him.

he did do

also, andrew was a helicopter pilot in the falklands war

I prefer a Constitutional Monarchy to living under Mugabe, but then i prefer America's system of government, with it's flaws, to our Monarchy. Presidents can be impeached, removed, if need be. Power is shared between the Senate and The House of Representatives, and the executive branch with the President. I'd like to avoid the un-elected cabinet that America seems to value.

an american president can only be impeached for a fairly narrow range of offences, otherwise he's pretty much above the law, and if his party has control of both houses he'd have to do something pretty terrible to be impeached or convicted.

selecting the cabinet from outside the legislature is a good thing and maintains the separation of executive and legislature.

the standard and quality of uk government would be improved with a greater separation of our executive and legislature

an american president can only be impeached for a fairly narrow range of offences, otherwise he's pretty much above the law, and if his party has control of both houses he'd have to do something pretty terrible to be impeached or convicted.

selecting the cabinet from outside the legislature is a good thing and maintains the separation of executive and legislature.

the standard and quality of uk government would be improved with a greater separation of our executive and legislature

It can also be had by seperating gordon brown from no 10.

It can also be had by seperating gordon brown from no 10.

we want 15 more years of gordon's leadership

though to get back to the point, if we had fixed term parliaments then there would be no need for the prime minister to ask anyone to dissolve parliament because it would happen automatically. it would also end a lot of the damaging speculation about the date which always seems to happen.

Archived