Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?

Why?

We have an elected government, and it has already been stated by some that the Royal family do not do anything - so what is their presence doing to harm anyone or anything?

Harm to the pocket.

Would be nice to see these politicians walk to buckingham palace when call an election or take office....you know stick by their guns, green living, safer streets etc.

Won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though.

The queen has a job yes, i agree......to be a pointless aging ornament in an ever distant past.

Harm to the pocket.

The Royal Family provides a net income to the country of about a billion pounds a year. Even ignoring tourism and looking only at their private finances, they still pay more to the Treasury coffers than they take out. The income from the Crown Estates far outweighs the expense of the Civil List.

Harm to the pocket.

Would be nice to see these politicians walk to buckingham palace when call an election or take office....you know stick by their guns, green living, safer streets etc.

Won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though.

The queen has a job yes, i agree......to be a pointless aging ornament in an ever distant past.

How are they harming your pocket?

Please don't just make random statements. At least offer something to back up your claims.

The Queen has a job to do and she does it well. Her job would drive most people mad far quicker than it is turning her ... er ... damn!

God save the Queen

The Royal Family provides a net income to the country of about a billion pounds a year. Even ignoring tourism and looking only at their private finances, they still pay more to the Treasury coffers than they take out. The income from the Crown Estates far outweighs the expense of the Civil List.

Dude, have you seen our debt.....i don't think a mere 1 billion will be loved or missed, like i said...ornament, might fetch a few quid, but won't wipe your debts :)

Dude, have you seen our debt.....i don't think a mere 1 billion will be loved or missed, like i said...ornament, might fetch a few quid, but won't wipe your debts :)

You cannot blame the Royals for our debts. And if they were not there then that would be another Billion we would owe. Every little bit helps. So - when are you putting your next billion into the kitty?

You cannot blame the Royals for our debts. And if they were not there then that would be another Billion we would owe. Every little bit helps. So - when are you putting your next billion into the kitty?

roflmao....sorry i took that post completely the wrong way :P

I believe the kitty is tucked somewhere brown........and given that politicians like to make things look better than they are...i shudder to think how much more debt we are really in.

I am but a mere pleb in this nation of plebs, but i will be damned if i am going to stand to attention (oo er) for a plebble

roflmao....sorry i took that post completely the wrong way :P

I believe the kitty is tucked somewhere brown........and given that politicians like to make things look better than they are...i shudder to think how much more debt we are really in.

I am but a mere pleb in this nation of plebs, but i will be damned if i am going to stand to attention (oo er) for a plebble

You should kneel before the Queen. If I see you standing in front of her I shall smash your kneecaps. :hihi:

And now I think this thread has reached an impasse - Royalists on one side and chavs who believe in this fantasy called free democracy on the other.

God save the Queen.

But i can. If the queen had turned around to labour and said bugger off, then the entire economic crash would have been averted, or at least delayed long enough for a government to save for a rainy day.

Furthermore i can blame the walking talking corgi for allowing chav's to breed under said labour government.

God Gives it to the queen!

Archived