Why did Brown have to 'ask' the Queen's permission to call an election ?

Yes you would turn your nose up?

Simplify - just for you. You owe someone thirty quid and someone offers to chuck a quid in to help you out. You are going to turn round and say - no, I'd sooner owe thirty quid? You are so weird. I thought I was weird but you make me look normal. :hihi:

Now come on dragon, don't be boring .....wierd is the variety of life......without which there would be no royal family

Now come on dragon, don't be boring .....wierd is the variety of life......without which there would be no royal family

I will fight to the very last breath to support and protect the Royal family from unsubstantiated attacks on either the role they play or on the people themselves. The Queen has not harmed you or affected your life in any way other that to help improve it - though indirectly.

You talk about getting rid of the Royals because they are a station above you and that is envy.

You talk about their fortune because you do not have one - and that is envy.

You talk about them allowing this that and the other, but that is because you do not understand their role or what they do.

Britain is Royalist. We have a Monarchy and it has done us more good than harm. And you have to admit Prince Charles and Prince Phillip both make some hilarious gaffs. Well worth keeping them just to see what silly comments they are going to make next.

But they are helping the economy, and all the claims about them costing us are pretty much unsubstantiated rubbish.

God save the Queen

quick answer yes :)

I can blame the queen for chavs because she should have insisted on deporting more people to the farthest reaches of the earth.

when we had an empire we could have done that, but now those places can send them back

You talk about getting rid of the Royals because they are a station above you and that is envy.

You talk about their fortune because you do not have one - and that is envy.

How can i envy something i would not wish on my worst enemy?

I would not like that kind of fortune, and deffinitely not in their shoes where they have little freedom to actually use it.

If they are generating so much income why then are they not self sufficient and able to pay their own way without taxpayer income?

I do not envy their position, unlike us they are born into servitude, or spend their whole lives waiting for the job to come up.

Please if you claim to know me at all, focus more and get in line

If our ideals, image and culture can be summed up with one family with elevated levels of grandiur then we are a sorry lot indeed.

How about turning round to the parents of a wounded or killed british soldier and explaining that because the prince serves a purpose and cause of his position, he had a gun in working order, or suitable protection against the enemy, or suitable supplies.

Then explain to them why their child did not.....so does a royal have more right to organization and safety in the line of duty than one of us mere citizens?.

Hats off to the royals who got stuck in during our historical battles.....but i will be damned if i will support a group of spineless cowards that live in luxury and are afforded life above our own.....**** that right off

It's a funny thing though - there would be no way to do anything that would remain legal afterwards because there would be no parliament to change the law.

And tbh I couldn't see any revolution taking place.

yes there would, the monarch would rule as an almost absolute monarchy

Archived