Why do our soldiers have to go to Afghanistan?

Serious question.

Alot of ppl have told me it's to do with oil/gas. Where as

from the official answers tend to be not that.

So why? As far as I'm concerned I'd leave them all

to kill each other. our soldiers are dying for what? To stop one afghan killing another?

A lot f people already told you but you wish a lot more people to tell you, who do you believe, the official line or the lot of people?

The American appointed dictator, the blue eyed boy Karzai has already made noises of joining the Taliban if the Yanks keep bombing innocent people in villages and calling it collateral damage.

Our soldiers don't have to go to Afghanistan, in fact they don't have to go anywhere...they can make one of two choices...join or not. If they decide on the latter choice it isn't an option, as it quite rightly shouldn't be.

Don't forget their being sent there is partly their choice too....and most combat soldiers are very aware of the dangers and want to get stuck in anyway.

Because their job is to go where the Armed Forces tell them to go to where they (the employers) require them to do so.

That's not what I meant.

I just don't see the point, and I assumed this was because I didn't understand the reasoning behind what seems like a pointless

risk of British life. I thought maybe if someone actually knew and could explain that my understanding would be more knowledgeable based on fact.

A lot f people already told you but you wish a lot more people to tell you, who do you believe, the official line or the lot of people?

The American appointed dictator, the blue eyed boy Karzai has already made noises of joining the Taliban if the Yanks keep bombing innocent people in villages and calling it collateral damage.

Hearsay and facts are different things. It's no good someone saying 'oh it's something to do with oil' without being able to explain it.

That's not what I meant.

I just don't see the point, and I assumed this was because I didn't understand the reasoning behind what seems like a pointless

risk of British life. I thought maybe if someone actually knew and could explain that my understanding would be more knowledgeable based on fact.

Nor do many others. You are not the employer though. The Government says the UK must have a military force which can be deployed where the Government says.

What are you actually trying to say?

Nor do many others. You are not the employer though. The Government says the UK must have a military force which can be deployed where the Government says.

What are you actually trying to say?

I'm not saying anything. I'm asking what the reasons are behind soldiers being sent to Afghanistan. What part of my question don't you understand? What is the government saying the reason is?

It's because that's where terrorists are trained and the HQ of most terror organisations.

That's the reason.

They're trying to disband the terrorist networks and make the world a safer place. You say we should let them kill eachother, but imagine if it was in the UK and every day you was in fear of your life because there were people who wanted to kill you because of your beliefs.

You'd want to world to sit back and leave you and just say "Be reight"?

War is not ideal but, to make the world a better place it has to be done.

The conspiracy theorists who say we're in there for the oil are talking crap, they're just stirring and often have a politial agenda.

It's because that's where terrorists are trained and the HQ of most terror organisations.

That's the reason.

[\quote]

This is 'why' I asked!! Because I wanted to know 'why'. Thank you for the first point

in your response which was to just explain exactly what I asked!

If that's the factual reason then I can undrstand abitbetter. Like I said I could make many opinions but none would be viable without someone exlaining it, which is why I asked.

Archived