Why do our soldiers have to go to Afghanistan?

I found this:

http://www.embassyofafghanistan.org/welcome.html

so international soldiers are over there to stop

the fighting amongst religious parties? One of those being taliban. And if they don't stop it then these religious groups will get bigger and come over to other contries such as England and bomb etc?

Is that the factual reason as to why our soldiers are being snt?

Going to a war zone is not an option but I knew that from day one of joining up, You join because you want to.

Time is spent peace keeping out there, and keeping Taleban from taking over cities, and breaking up training camps keeping terrorism from Britain.

Going to a war zone is not an option but I knew that from day one of joining up, You join because you want to.

Time is spent peace keeping out there, and keeping Taleban from taking over cities, and breaking up training camps keeping terrorism from Britain.

It is good to hear that there is peacekeeping involved.

Unfortunately, that doesn't make the news.

'and in todays news, there were no casualties due to some very successful peacekeeping'

Hearsay and facts are different things. It's no good someone saying 'oh it's something to do with oil' without being able to explain it.
Facts? here are some facts which you seem to have ignored for an easier life and I quote from this site http://www.ringnebula.com/Oil/Timeline.htm The rest is history and a crap planning of war gone all wrong.

Oct. 31, 2001

The Bush White House drafted an unprecedented executive order (43a) sealing presidential records including those of prior administrations. [see also: US House Committee on Governmental Reform analysis (43b)]

Dec. 22, 2001

The US-backed interim government headed by Hamid Karzai took office in Kabul, Afghanistan (44a). (Hamid Karzai had formerly functioned as a Unocal Corporation consultant (44b) )

Dec. 31, 2001

Bush appointed Zalmay Khalilzad, as his Special Envoy to Afghanistan (45a). Zhalilzad, like Karzai had earlier functioned as a Unocal consultant, participating in 1997 talks between Unocal and Taliban officials. (Regarding Zhalilzad's "neocon" credentials, See: 45b).

Jan. 29, 2002

CNN reported: "President Bush personally asked Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle Tuesday to limit the congressional investigation into the events of 9/11/01" (46).

Feb 8, 2002

Afghanistan's interim ruler Hamid Karzai and the Pakistan president agreed to revive plans (47a) for a trans-Afghanistan pipeline..

Feb 9, 2002

Turkmenistan officially stated that they hoped their trans-Afghanistan route would be soon built.

Feb. 2002

Proposal to deploy US Special Operations forces to the Caucasus state of Georgia (47b) (would help enforce a Washington pipeline policy - neutralizing Russian influence in Central Asia.)

May 13, 2002

Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai to hold talks with his Pakistani and Turkmenistan counterparts (47c) regarding a pipeline from Turkmenistan, through Afghanistan, and through Pakistan to the coast. Mohammad Alim Razim, Afghanistan's minister for Mines and Industries, stated Unocal was considered "the lead company" to build the pipeline. (See also: 47d.)

May 30, 2002 Afghanistan, Pakistan and Turkmenistan agreed to construct a gas pipeline to the subcontinent (48a) (See also: 48b.)

Nov. 2004 The annual US Government estimate for opium poppy cultivation in Afghanistan was released Nov. 2004 (49): approximately 206,700 hectares of poppy were grown in 2004, representing a 239% increase in production over 2003 estimates.

Indeed facts speak for themselves without the need for emotive word wrapping that goes on to justify greed of the warmongers.

Serious question.

Alot of ppl have told me it's to do with oil/gas. Where as

from the official answers tend to be not that.

So why? As far as I'm concerned I'd leave them all

to kill each other. our soldiers are dying for what? To stop one afghan killing another?

Have you been watching Eastender's, has last night episode was all about this topic. why do soldiers go to Afgahanistan has one of them was off to join the army the mum did not want him to go, and what you said is what was said on the programme, one says it about the gas/oil other was on about officials. But i agree with you on one thing, should just let them be and let them kill each other bring the soldiers home.

The fact that we may want to buy oil from Afghanistan (and indeed the whole Middle East) isn't necessarily the reason why our troops are in there - in my eyes it's purely because of 9/11 and 7/7 and wanting to stop it happening again.

I think most Afghans would be delighted if they were allowed to legally sell their natural resources to give them and their families a decent standard of living.

Bringing the soldiers home isn't really an option, as if we leave them to kill each other the reality is that the killing will spread to our shores (like 9/11 and 7/7).

Have you been watching Eastender's, has last night episode was all about this topic. why do soldiers go to Afgahanistan has one of them was off to join the army the mum did not want him to go, and what you said is what was said on the programme, one says it about the gas/oil other was on about officials. But i agree with you on one thing, should just let them be and let them kill each other bring the soldiers home.

No I haven't, but it proves my point about all the confusing info!! My reason for asking was because I watched a documentary on bbc3 ladt night about it and a camera was there, following the story of a woman but it focused on camp conditions, shooting etc.... Just got me thinking. My comment about oil comes from

most ppl saying that is the real reason but the government hide it.

After the fall of Taliban, Afghanistan's poppy cultivation has touched record levels (even if we have all those "sugar coated" words by the occupation and government forces).

Does any one remember opium wars?

Archived