Advice regarding purchasing a static caravan.

I am thinking off buying a static but it needs mooving pref this weekend.

It is currently at saltfleet and i was thinking off takeing it down skeggvages.

However i havnt got a clue where to start so

No 1)Can any 1 recomend any one too moove it ?

No 2)Does any 1 know off any good sites down skeggy,we have 2 kids and like fishing ect.

No 3)How much are the fees for a year and what does this include ?

I would like to hear any thin g you think i might need to know like i said its advice im looking for.

thanks in advance :)

I am thinking off buying a static but it needs mooving pref this weekend.

It is currently at saltfleet and i was thinking off takeing it down skeggvages.

However i havnt got a clue where to start so

No 1)Can any 1 recomend any one too moove it ?

No 2)Does any 1 know off any good sites down skeggy,we have 2 kids and like fishing ect.

No 3)How much are the fees for a year and what does this include ?

I would like to hear any thin g you think i might need to know like i said its advice im looking for.

thanks in advance :)

I can only comment on #3, £1,000 a year in 1997, included water only.

P.S. Have it ''drained down'' every winter or you may get trouble.

P.P.S. You might find that although the original intention is to go most weekends, a little Willy's party keeps coming up which means that you won't go there many weekends.

Unless you are 100% sure you are going to use it LOTS it just isn't worth it.

We had friends who had one and they didn't end up using as much as they had thought they would.

Site fees are A LOT and don't cover much as already said.

Our friends decided they would rent it out over the summer to help with the costs and then it ended up getting damaged etc.

Wouldn't it be better finding a site you like with fees you can afford and then buy a static off them. It will save you in removal fees.

Generally the more facilities the site has the more expensive the fees.

I've heard of fees of over £3k per year for Haven sites down to £1500 for smaller sites with just a games room.

A lot of sites will not take statics unless you buy them from them and there will an age limit as well.

When they are, say 10 years old, you have to trade in and buy another from the site.

I would go for a smaller site out of town and maybe inland to avoid paying inflated fees.

Thanks for the advice so far.

The van is 2008 model and im just looking for somewhere that will accomodate it really and roughly how much it will cost yearly.

Does any 1 know any sites i can try ?

Or any 1 that can moovei from salt fleet to skeggnes ?

Thanks.

If you want fishing then this site is good. MY sister was on this site before she got her house, http://www.skegnesswaterleisurepark.co.uk/index.htm. Can take your own vans on if any room, my sis took her own to this site, got own fishing lake and very nice site.

But has someone says it is hard to find a site unless you buy from them. I have a couple more sites that let you on with your own vans. I will pm you them when i found out the leaflet.

If you want fishing then this site is good. MY sister was on this site before she got her house, http://www.skegnesswaterleisurepark.co.uk/index.htm. Can take your own vans on if any room, my sis took her own to this site, got own fishing lake and very nice site.

But has someone says it is hard to find a site unless you buy from them. I have a couple more sites that let you on with your own vans. I will pm you them when i found out the leaflet.

Do you have any idea how much it is to go on the water leisure park ?

cheers.

Archived