No tax is the only fair way.

Meanwhile, let's go back to the case of the baby whose mother dies in childbirth and whose father was already dead. How does he survive for the first eighteen years of his life if there is no government funding for him? Is it fair that he is just left in a dustbin to starve to death?

Depending on your definition of fair, maybe it is. The baby has contributed nothing to society so maybe society should contribute nothing to the baby. On the other hand, whlie this is arguably fair, I don't think you'll find many people willing to accept that it is a good thing.

Indeed, especially given that the baby should be given every opportunity to grow up and contribute to society.

So your house is burning down, it's spreading to other properties but the firefighters will only show up and save your life if you've paid insurance.

Some people should engage brain before starting stupid threads.

Ah the good old days, thats what they used to do, you used to have a lead plaque on your house from the insurance company. If the house was on fire and there was no plaque, tough. My mothers aunts house in Leicestershire still has one on I think. :hihi:

The only fair way to run any society is to have a no tax system. Everyone is allowed to spend everything that they earn and society does NOT carry passangers!:P

What about buses are they allowed to carry passengers in your distopia?

Archived