Royal Mail are Useless!

So you're defending the matter that they can't be bothered to carry parcels and just post the "while you were out" cards without even trying, which is what this thread is about?

There's no evidence they do other than hearsay.

If a postman's gone to all the trouble of driving up to your house, taking the package out of his van and walking up to your front door wouldn't it be far less effort for him to deliver the parcel than spend 5 minutes filling in a form and then having to return the parcel to the depot?

If a postman's gone to all the trouble of driving up to your house, taking the package out of his van and walking up to your front door wouldn't it be far less effort for him to deliver the parcel than spend 5 minutes filling in a form and then having to return the parcel to the depot?

You're assuming he has the parcel with him....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-mail/6269313/Royal-Mail-threaten-postmen-with-sack-over-Sorry-you-were-out-cards.html

They utilise the time in the depot between finishing sorting and being allowed out onto their rounds (did you know that some managers refuse to allow posties out before a given time?) by filling out cards in advance.

Posted something to Spain 4 weeks ago and got it lost,she said you should have paid and got it signed for,why?if they provide a service then thet should adhere to it,if they say pay more to have it signed for because there's a 50/50 chance we'll lose it then I'd pay the extra.

Consider yourself lucky you even got a card. A few years ago I was coming down the stairs when the mail was delivered. I picked it up to find it was not addressed to me or for my house, so I opened the door to call back the postman and give the letter back to him to save me a trip to the post box. He took the letter back and said "oh, I've got a parcel for you." and handed it to me and asked me to sign. He hadn't knocked, so if it hadn't been for the wrongly delivered letter I'd never have known about the parcel. :rant:

Ah thats the point though - they often don't have the parcel with them at all.

OK, i'll rephrase that - in the case i witnessed at my house, where he pushed the card through my door while i was watching him from across the road, without filling it in there and then, and then i went over to collect the mail, found the card, then caught up with him to collect it off him, and he told me he didn't have it on him....

Exactly the same with me. I heard my postie putting the card through the box and I got to the door in time. He admitted the parcel was heavy and hadn't even bothered fetching it.

He fetched it later after I said I'd report him tho!!

This wasn't our usual postie, who is ok though. We always have issues with the post when he is on holiday.

they just say they have tryed to deliver it and dont really and if they do managed to deliver a item it come damaged and no wounder ive seen how they throw boxes about from the back of the vans to the front seats my self i bought manyitems from ebay and all of them came smashed and of course they diddnt want to take responsibilty for it at all and i must say the items was collectable

I sent a 40th birthday present to my Brother in law.I sent it at least two weeks early.It turned up yesterday, after the event.

Because I thought the original parcel was lost, I had to go out and buy something else.Went to the post office and they had something wrong with their machine that prints the postage labels, therefore they had to stick lots of stamps on to the value of £5.25, I recorded delivery, first class and sent it off. That luckily arrived...Four days late..without a single stamp left on it.

Something's definetely going on.

Archived