Who did you first see at the City Hall?

Debk

Originally posted by Zebedee99

Shakin Stevens in November 1981, I was 9 and thought he was great.

I saw him again about 4 more times up until about 1987 at the same venue.

Does anyone know his real name?

According to this Shakey's real name is Michael Barrett... Originally from Cardiff.

The Human League was my first (and only) gig at The City Hall. But i've only lived here a year heheh. And again i shall see them there on December 8th - hurrah !

Anyone know who's playing the big opening night thing for the refurbished City Hall ? I'm hoping for DefLeppard, ABC, Human League and Pulp. I'm not asking TOOOO much am I ?

;)

I know somewhere I've still got all the tickets for the various bands I've seen in the City Hall, must of been at least a couple of dozen times. I think the first was probably Camel in the mid 70's but I may have to get the old tickets out as I'm curious to know myself exactly.

I remember one old friend of mine who collapsed at the front when Uriah heep were playing due to the crowd crushing her and she had to be hauled up on stage. I was concerned for her but she was more in awe that she'd been held by the lead guitarist.

Archived