Anyone own a renault scenic?

I`ve just bought an 03 renault scenic. When i took it for a test drive it was missing on tick over and the bloke said a new coil pack would sort it. I went to pick it up today and it was mis-fireing terrible so i didn`t even take it home, i turned around and took it back. The dealer said it probably needed a coil pack AGAIN? Is this a fault with the scenic?

I`ve just bought an 03 renault scenic. When i took it for a test drive it was missing on tick over and the bloke said a new coil pack would sort it. I went to pick it up today and it was mis-fireing terrible so i didn`t even take it home, i turned around and took it back. The dealer said it probably needed a coil pack AGAIN? Is this a fault with the scenic?

Mines a Meganne Scenic; i'v had it over a year and no problems with coils or much else.

I dont think Scenics are known for coil problems.

I had a 53 registered Scenic, which was one of the first ones with the new (now old) shape. It went through 4 sets of ignition coils within a few weeks too, then Renault said that they had solved the problem and the same coils did indeed see out the remaining 2 years of the lease.

It's very common with all Renaults fitted with Sagem coil packs - plus they seem to fail one after the other.

We went through 4 on a 2002 scenic in as many weeks - had no more problems once they were changed with the better Denso ones

Your car was sabotaged by Flash Gordon.

Just an update. Picked the car up yesterday and it was mis-fireing. Took it back and picked it up again this morning. The guy told me the coil leads had got wet during the valeting. Got home in it and it started mis-fireing again. I`ve taken it back. Aren`t i glad it wasn`t a private sale.

Archived