Anyone own a renault scenic?

whay size engine is it as my 2.0 litre has 4 coil packs one for each cylinder
It`s a 1.6i and from what they`re saying it has more than 1 coil pack. Do you think if a coil pack wasn`t working it would make it mis-fire?

The effect of a coil going is to have a really bad misfire and an almost complete loss of power. The first time mine went I was just setting off from Netherthorpe Road onto the university roundabout and found myself suddenly doing 3MPH when I was expecting to rapidly accelerate up to about 20. The engine kept going though and allowed me to limp (at 3MPH) down to the bottom of Ecclesall Road and to the dealership, where I found that the rest of my afternoon was cancelled while they got the car going again.

The same thing happened 3 more times in different places around Sheffield, so I assume that the 1.6s have one coil per pot too. The last 2 times I just called the dealership who sent out the AA to change the dead coil, which was a bit strange as I wasn't in the AA.

I've had a 1.4 Scenic (Y reg) for 5 years. The only problem I've had is once when we were driving over the snake pass it seemed to lose power-even with the accelerator fully depressed we were crawling along. OH was driving so I don't personally know what it felt like. Other than that I think it's a great car and I'd certainly have another.

Why did you buy a faulty car in the first place?

If you test drive a car and it is faulty surely you walk away.

It wasn`t doing it when we took it for a drive. It was only after I`d bought it and tried to drive it home that it started

I`ve just bought an 03 renault scenic. When i took it for a test drive it was missing on tick over and the bloke said a new coil pack would sort it.

It wasn`t doing it when we took it for a drive. It was only after I`d bought it and tried to drive it home that it started

I thought a test drive was before you bought it.

Either way I would want my money back.

It's very common with all Renaults fitted with Sagem coil packs - plus they seem to fail one after the other.

We went through 4 on a 2002 scenic in as many weeks - had no more problems once they were changed with the better Denso ones

I had five coil packs replaced on my Megane, inherent fault with those engines.

I traded in my megane for this scenic and never had a problem with it. Mind you it was a diesel so i guess there weren`t any coils on it. Or am i wrong? If they can`t fix the problem i will be asking for my money back

Archived