If Catterick had replicas of churches would christians complain?

During my training with Al-Qaeda in Pakistan's hinterlands we often built crude replica churches to use for target practice. I found they really helped inform our technique and strategy. Dayna Curry came to visit, she was thrilled entirely that the we had chosen christian icons to bombard, telling me privately that she suspected that, alone, the very sight of them would instil in the combatants a virtuous interest in the Christian gospel.

How her views came to be so starkly opposed to those of UK Christian establishment at the time I will never know.

Whitewash the buildings and paint the domes blue, possibly put up a windmill... Lets see if the Greeks are as bothered...

I like this.

Paint the buildings white and put a huge yellow M on the roof.

Let's see if McDonald's staff and fatties are bothered.:thumbsup:

Expand the discussion or drive it into a cul-de-sac?
Ive no idea why you're being so defensive.

I cannot see what the problem is. The British Army is fighting in mostly muslim countries (regardless of your opinion on the subject, that is a simple fact) and so our soldiers have to have the best preperations to fight in enviroment which they are perhaps unused to in order for them to perform their task the most efficient and safe way possible.

Did you see my earlier post where I commented on an accurate mock up of an afghan village that the MOD have created, I think in Norfolk? That's perfectly reasonable because the mock up fits the purpose of acclimatising our soldiers to the kind of environment they will be encountering. Half a dozen cardboard cutouts of mosque shaped buildings positioned on a firing range and visible from a public road-what purpose does that serve?

I don't blame the various muslim councils for whinging, that's their purogotive. I do blame the MOD for not having the cajones to turn round and tell them to get bent.

Why? They're citizens of this country and the 'mosque' models served no obvious purpose, if it did I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.

I'm sure had Taliban solidiers created mock ups of York Minster that British people would have found that equally distasteful.

Whitewash the buildings and paint the domes blue, possibly put up a windmill... Lets see if the Greeks are as bothered...

They might be if British soldiers were in Athens conducting a miliatary campaign.

I'm sure had Taliban solidiers created mock ups of York Minster that British people would have found that equally distasteful.

Then the Taliban would have to have significantly better carpenters and workmen than whoever made those Playaway models at Catterick.

its all just a case of some one wanting to stick their oar in,whatswrong with aq mock up if it aids training ?
Nothing at all depoix, the point is it was gratuitous because it didn't have to be a mosque shaped building to aid training in that environment.

im sure the Americans and nato would have similar training grounds but they of course dont bow down as quick as our politicians do ,so i expect their establishments will still stand

We already do have training grounds, this is a feature from the Telegraph a year ago entitled "MoD builds Afghan village in Norfolk", nobody's objected to it because the legitimacy of its purpose is obvious.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/onthefrontline/5256219/MoD-builds-Afghan-village-in-Norfolk.html

Then the Taliban would have to have significantly better carpenters and workmen than whoever made those Playaway models at Catterick.

I totally agree Ousetunes, which makes me believe these were only ever built as 'disposable' structures ie to take pot shots at ;)

If they want to shoot up cardboard mosques, and it gives them a bit of satisfaction/improves skills etc while doing it, let them do it.

Who cares? Whingers,moaners and tossers..thats who.

You seem to care enough to contribute, which category would you place yourself in??

Archived