If Catterick had replicas of churches would christians complain?

As I feared- a typical right wing response.

If it makes you sleep better at night thinking that this country is going to (or being) taken over by ethnic minorities, then keep sleeping well.;)

i dont see it as anything of the sort,just because someone says what the military do to train the troops is of no concern to any civilian does not make it a right wing reply,the Muslims living here do so under our armies protection,the same protection we all get,so why do you kick off because of the armies training methods ?

it reminds me of the Indian mutiny when some British hating agitator spread the rumour that the armies bullets were covered in pig grease just to cause trouble,thats how sad this argument is ....

No I don't have a problem with soldiers being trained- but if you're telling me the images are NOT mosques then sorry, I don't buy it. I guess the 'green dome' was just coincidence then?

And why would you want to shoot at mosques anyway? Are you telling me in Iraq and Afganistan all the battles are being done from the roof tops of mosques or from within them?

British soldiers attacked during Afghanistan mosque visit,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/6542030/British-soldiers-attacked-during-Afghanistan-mosque-visit.html

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&source=hp&q=soldiers+attacked+from+mosque&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=soldiers+attacked+from+mosque&gs_rfai=&fp=b944bbaaf0b6f2ef

i dont see it as anything of the sort,just because someone says what the military do to train the troops is of no concern to any civilian does not make it a right wing reply,the Muslims living here do so under our armies protection,the same protection we all get,so why do you kick off because of the armies training methods ?

it reminds me of the Indian mutiny when some British hating agitator spread the rumour that the armies bullets were covered in pig grease just to cause trouble,thats how sad this argument is ....

That is up to you of course- I have no disrespect for the army, but of course I can question some of their ethics- be it here or where they are deployed.

Muslims around the world know their brethen are being killed as part this so called 'war on terror'- I refer to innocent lives. So to have a military base construct targets of mosques, it does raise a few questions.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=mosque+in+kabul&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

The attached link gives some images of mosques in Kabul/Afganistan. Anyone with common sense can see the likeness-minus the minaret (which the military probably couldn't construct or blew them off).

exactly,retep...but i bet you a pound to a penny you will get a denial,i have a friend who is a major in the army ,he tells me its standing operational procedure to secure the roof tops from the enemy snipers the majority of whom run towards the mosque when cornered and use it the same way they use civilians ,as a defensive wall knowing the british troops will hold their fire due to a mosque being a recognised religious building ,only if many lives are at risk would the troops return fire in order to save lives

[...]muslims are not taking over. If they wanted to, you would have realised by now.
How would we have realised? What would be happening? Is the 'you' directed at ricgem in particular or the rest of the country?

I don't know whether you do it deliberately but you always give the impression of being vaguely menacing when you post.

exactly,retep...but i bet you a pound to a penny you will get a denial,i have a friend who is a major in the army ,he tells me its standing operational procedure to secure the roof tops from the enemy snipers the majority of whom run towards the mosque when cornered and use it the same way they use civilians ,as a defensive wall knowing the british troops will hold their fire due to a mosque being a recognised religious building ,only if many lives are at risk would the troops return fire in order to save lives

If that is the case then perhaps it need not be blown out of proportion- but it has been to some extent simply because of the current sensitive situation surrounding muslims and Islam.

My first reaction was pretty much mild but as more information comes in and you analyse the current situation, it does lead to other conclusions- wrong or right, we are all allowed to make them.

If that is the case then perhaps it need not be blown out of proportion- but it has been to some extent simply because of the current sensitive situation surrounding muslims and Islam.

My first reaction was pretty much mild but as more information comes in and you analyse the current situation, it does lead to other conclusions- wrong or right, we are all allowed to make them.

it was blown out of proportian by a certain faction that feels the need to undermine britain at every chance they get,it's a non story blown up even more by the papers

take the blinkers off mate they dictating how our army should do things now :loopy: .the army train to the highest standard and so do the police next you will be telling me that the police doing riot training shouldnt involve blacks or asains because it would be seen as targeting ethnic minorities and saying its only them who cause trouble .litte things like this all add up and before we know it it will be to late (hope you got your muslim name picked out ready :hihi:

I have a lovely muslim name in mind for you Ricgem, as soon as our chief Mullah is safely seated in Downing Street and Sharia law is in place I will tell you what it is! :hihi:

it was blown out of proportian by a certain faction that feels the need to undermine britain at every chance they get,it's a non story blown up even more by the papers

Yes but who has this been blown up out of all proportion by?

So far as I can tell someone who found out about this has asked the Bradford Council of Mosques to complain. And it is pretty understandable that they would do, especially considering their function. If the army had used a replica of any other civilian building like schools or hospitals for their target practice there would rightfully be a huge outcry. You have to be able to understand that muslims will feel pretty much the same way about mosques being used as target practice. So the BCM complains, the army thinks about it and then decides to stop using them.

Where is the huge outcry and people blowing it out of all proportion in this? The BCM sent a letter, and don't even mention it on their website. It would appear to be the media and their reporting that has taken this out of context and blown it up in to something it isn't.

Archived