18 year old daughters that think they know it all

my daughter has just got ready to go out at this time of night yet cannot get home from work on her own at 10pm because she is frightened so me and her dad have to fetch her yet very happy to wounder town on student night even though she wants help to pay for everything and one more thing if anyone tryed to chase her what hope would she have in them heels she has on 6inch high lol

and dont i know it. my husband says the same but a mothers love is unconditional i hoped she would have grown out of she selfish in:considerate ways but not as yet :(

And part of parenting is showing them what's right and wrong. As long as you keep running after her she's going to think it's O.K. to treat you like a lacky and not pay her own way. Put your foot down and tell her she's now an adult and it's time she started behaving like one.

and dont i know it. my husband says the same but a mothers love is unconditional i hoped she would have grown out of she selfish in:considerate ways but not as yet :(

So your happy to let that unconditional love lead to her not learning how life really works?

and one more thing if anyone tryed to chase her what hope would she have in them heels she has on 6inch high lol

Again are you happy with the possibility of this occuring?. You seem to be taking your own concern very lightly.

There is working for a living, and sounds like she does well there, but sounds like she needs a good kick up her arse when it comes to paying your dues, living responsibly and how to actually run a home and budget.....as long as you continue to hold her hand she will continue to swing on it like a monkey.

I find typically girls grow into maturity at the age of 21....so you might have a few years yet, however id listen to her dad a little more, or one day you might be consoling her in the worst of circumstances.

Love her by all means, help her as parents do, but don't live for her because your too scared of her getting hurt.

ive been more worried about her since she was 15 and was attacked by 4 girls older than her just because she diddnt smoke and couldnt give then fags i ran to her and her friend and she was rushed to hospital silly i know but she is my only child and iam worried about her all the time iam trying not too worry but when she is out i cannot rest at all and those young girls that hurt her and her friend got away with it scott free even though me and my husband holded them until the police came

my daughter has just got ready to go out at this time of night yet cannot get home from work on her own at 10pm because she is frightened so me and her dad have to fetch her yet very happy to wounder town on student night even though she wants help to pay for everything and one more thing if anyone tryed to chase her what hope would she have in them heels she has on 6inch high lol

Frightened of what?

Maybe she's just duping you for a couple of twenties?

frightened of walking to the tram stop up city road thats why we fetch her it was at a tram stop where she got hurt before but like ive said before she is happy to walk around town and town is a scary place top and bottom of it is she wants to still be a child when she wants to be but be a adult when it suits her still doesnt stop me from being worried though

Archived