Woman dies after hijab got caught in go-kart axle

At the track in question in Australia it was a requirement that helmets were worn. But don't let that simple fact get in the way of your eternal quest to find racism everywhere. Perhaps if you knocked a few chips off your shoulders you would have a happier life.

And just how do you know she made any claims of racism. You don't...You are just causing trouble with your negative attitude. :loopy:

I think I have already pointed out that all Karting in Australia falls under the governance of the AKA. It is their requirement that proper protective gear is worn otherwise a track will not be allowed to operate.

Ok sorry, must have missed that bit.

Btw emma, the kiddyleisure and nun sentences are not directed at you hun, it was thrown in there for all the anti-islamic pricks (<-- this word is used in the sense of "thorn in the side" opposed to the sexual part of a males anatomy).
Arrrh!.. I see what you've done there.. i'm impressed. Knowing that abusing other members is prohibited, you're manipulating forum rules by using obscure connotations in the form of euphemisms. Wow... what a concept:idea::heyhey:..... aymen to obscure connotations.. god bless ya!.

At the track in question in Australia it was a requirement that helmets were worn. But don't let that simple fact get in the way of your eternal quest to find racism everywhere. Perhaps if you knocked a few chips off your shoulders you would have a happier life.

LOL, you're at it again..you played the race card, thats why I responded to your post! Just because you've been caught with your boxer shorts down 'emma', dont try to distract the discussion. ;)

To respond to your post, (again), I never suggested it was or wasn't a requirement that this lady wear a helmet, nor did I propose any reasons why she wasn't, assuming she wasn't-unlike you did.

By the way you didn't respond to Digsy's post.

No I didn't play the race card. It is just that you are obsessed with it and have an ability to imagine racism in everyones posting. Perhaps you should take time out.

On the contrary, my post was in response to this diatribe:

Perhaps she branded them racists for telling her what to wear and forced them to let her out on the track.

If as you say there are legal clothing requirements when karting in Australia, how could those possibly be relaxed because someone cried racism? Think about it, but not for too long it might hurt what functions for your brain ;)

Arrrh!.. I see what you've done there.. i'm impressed. Knowing that abusing other members is prohibited, you're manipulating forum rules by using obscure connotations in the form of euphemisms. Wow... what a concept:idea::heyhey:..... aymen to obscure connotations.. god bless ya!.

1) I'm sure if you look around you'll find direct attacks using the word I used in the context of intended insult.

2) I am not manipulating forum rules, sorry but there is no "obscure connotations in the form of euphemisms", hence adding the intended meaning of the word in brackets.

3) If abusing other members is prohibited, why does it happen so often on sf?

4) Why do you keep going off topic?

Believe me if I wanted to insult, I could do so without doing it indirectly.

And thank you, God bless you too.

And back on track, I bet you think it's because of a hijab wearing muslim that the go-karting centre in question has been shut down indefinately.

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/news/local/news/general/port-stephens-gokarts-shut-down-in-wake-of-mothers-death/1796435.aspx

And not because the go-karting centre itself had failed to register with the correct authorities, or failed to enforce H+S regulations.

One thing that I do find astonishing is that in Saudi Arabia women race around the desert wearing full niqabs in go-karts, you would think that the chances of this sort of thing would be higher in Saudi Arabia than it is in Australia where it's a rare occasion.

In February, a 15-year-old British schoolgirl was strangled to death when her scarf was caught in a go-kart wheel in Hong Kong.

Even with all the regulations we have in the UK, it still does not prevent such things from happening.

In December, an 18-year-old girl in Cambridge, England, died after her scarf got stuck in a go-kart engine and strangled her.

One thing that I do find astonishing is that in Saudi Arabia women race around the desert wearing full niqabs in go-karts, you would think that the chances of this sort of thing would be higher in Saudi Arabia than it is in Australia where it's a rare occasion.

In February, a 15-year-old British schoolgirl was strangled to death when her scarf was caught in a go-kart wheel in Hong Kong.

Even with all the regulations we have in the UK, it still does not prevent such things from happening.

In December, an 18-year-old girl in Cambridge, England, died after her scarf got stuck in a go-kart engine and strangled her.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Teenage-Girl-Dies-After-Being-Strangled-In-Go-Karting-Accident-In-Cambridgeshire/Article/200912215500224

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1251923/British-schoolgirl-strangled-death-freak-karting-accident-Hong-Kong.html

Archived