Woman dies after hijab got caught in go-kart axle

Personally it took me a while to get used to it, but no more so than the Winter Gardens did, which is weird given what was there before it. I guess it's just a case of getting used to change and things that are unfamiliar to us and not necessarily a negative thing.

Good to see you this sunny day Miss Suffy btw :)

Thanks BF - you too! Am psyching myself up for a run which is what I should be doing in preparation for the half marathon.:roll:

However, I digress - I think that the mosque is quite spectacular, it will look better after some weathering as at the moment it's too shiny and new, which is what makes it incongruous rather than its design, in my view. However, not sure what mosques have to do with the health and safety implications of wearing a hijab whilist go-karting!

No Im not trying to give any kind of impression, I responded to this comment by Secret Ninja "if we wanted a church over in their land we would be spat at shot at and left out to dry "

My reply was a simple statement of fact, as Ninja gave me the impression they didn't know churches existed in Muslim countries. In the countries I've visited they exist in complete peace, I know this because I've visited them and enjoyed a Christmas service in one, and I'm a complete atheist!

Perhaps you need to travel a little more and spend less time posting the same crap on here. I would suggest Saudi as a good start. Don't forget to wear a cross on a chain around your neck.

I think you will find that being shot and your church being burned down is pretty much like being spat at shot and hung out to dry.

Perhaps you need to travel a little more and spend less time posting the same crap on here. I would suggest Saudi as a good start. Don't forget to wear a cross on a chain around your neck.

I think you will find that being shot and your church being burned down is pretty much like being spat at shot and hung out to dry.

http://www.opendoorsuk.org/resources/iran/index.php

Islam is the official religion in Iran and all laws and regulations must be consistent with the official interpretation of Sharia (Islamic) law. Churches are closely monitored and at least 85 Christians were arrested in 2009 with most having been mistreated in prison, Maryam Rustampoor and Marzieh Amirzadeh were among them. We praise God that they were released from prison, but these brave women, along with hundreds of other believers, still remain at risk inside Iran.

Church services are monitored by the secret police, and believers face great discrimination and difficulty finding and keeping jobs.

Iran is number two on the Open Doors World Watch List of the top 50 countries where the persecution of Christians is most severe.

Perhaps you need to travel a little more and spend less time posting the same crap on here.
Thanks, I dont know why certain people resort to getting personal when anyone challenges their contributions. Why cant you simply address the points made without the invective, the debate might progress more fruitfully.

I would suggest Saudi as a good start. Don't forget to wear a cross on a chain around your neck.

..and where have I said anything about Saudi or denied that churches have been attacked by Muslims in Muslim countries?

For the second time, Ninja said if 'we' tried to build churches in Muslim countries there would be a negative reaction. Obviously unaware that there are churches in Muslim countries.

Perhaps you've only travelled to Saudi, but I can assure you that there are many Muslim countries where churches have been for decades with little problem.

You might be surprised by the this headline "Predominantly Muslim Egypt renovates the Christian faith's oldest monastery", from this article:

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2010/0324/Predominantly-Muslim-Egypt-renovates-the-Christian-faith-s-oldest-monastery

As I said in a later post, that isn't to say they exist without incident, but the same could be said of mosques in this country, and we consider ourselves to be tolerant of other religions, I'm merely trying to place Ninja's post in perspective, but it appears you missed that discrete reference.

Ps: and as others have said, none of this has anything to do with a Muslim woman dying in a freak accident in Australia. Ive already volunteered my view-do you have one? If you do I'd be interested to hear it :)

Thanks, I dont know why certain people resort to getting personal when anyone challenges their contributions. Why cant you simply address the points made without the invective, the debate might progress more fruitfully.

)

I was merely pointing out the stupidity of your remark making generalisation about muslim countries when you quite obviously have very limited experience of them.

I have no intention of debating with you. It is quite obvious that someone who devotes a sunny Saturday to patrolling Sheffield Forum looking for finding racism or anti muslim sentiment must be in some kind of an institution. I haven't the time or the inclination to worry about which sort.

The rest of your posting is irrelevant drivel.

P.S. I have been to Saudi, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Egypt, indonesia, Morocco and India,

I was merely pointing out the stupidity of your remark making generalisation about muslim countries when you quite obviously have very limited experience of them.
What generalisation was that? My post that you were so offended by was one where I said there were churches in Muslim countries, that's a fact, not a generalisation, but obviously you're entitled to disagree.

I have no intention of debating with you. It is quite obvious that someone who devotes a sunny Saturday to patrolling Sheffield Forum looking for finding racism or anti muslim sentiment must be in some kind of an institution. I haven't the time or the inclination to worry about which sort.

Forgive me, but I didnt invite your contribution, you chose to respond to mine.

Presumably since you've had nothing to say about the OP it would appear you 'patrol Sheffield Forum on a sunny Saturday' looking to make anti Muslim statements.

It appears you can dish it but are reluctant to take it.

The rest of your posting is irrelevant drivel.

Well I asked for your opinion on the OP, there's no need to be so defensive if you're unable to respond to that challenge.

P.S. I have been to Saudi, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Dubai, Jordan, Egypt, indonesia, Morocco and India,

..well Im pleased for you, are you a practising Christian? If you are you'll know where you can practice your faith in more than one of those (Muslim) countries.

Here's one in Dubai that hasnt been burned down:

http://uccdubai.com/

Quite a few here in Eygpt that pre date the 4th Century:

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/coptchurch.htm

Morocco:

http://www.arabicbible.com/directories/churches/morocco.htm

India:

http://www.indiachurches.com/

Archived