Woman dies after hijab got caught in go-kart axle

It was an accident waiting to happen, obviously a breach of health & safety.... The goverment have no choice now.. they'll have to ban go carts?.
Australia is not exactly what i would call a health and safety aware nation....

My heart goes out to the womans family.

Such a tragic accident, it could have been me, wearing a tie, or scarf, or baggy top.

And if you think different, go to butlin's in skeggy and see if they ask you to remove your scarf, tie, baggy top when getting on the go-karts.

Isadora Duncan?

I thought of that terrible accident straight away. It was long before any of our times though. She was a famous dancer of the 1920s, iirc.

Well that's just another one of those 'stuff happens' incidents. Absolutely awful for those close but absolutely nothing of any consequence for anyone else

I thought of I-D as well, the minute I read the headline on the thread.

It must have been really dangling loose/low, to have got caught. Hijaabs are usually pinned fairly firmly around the head. unless she was wearing it as a "Shayla" which is draped rather than fastened. In which case it's simply a scarf just as per Isadora Duncan, rather than a hijaab.

Well if her nonsense faith is true then she'll be partying with allah, or being raped by terrorists as one of their 72 virgins or something. If her 7th century nonsense isn't true then she's just wormfood, either way, who cares?

;6114993']Australia is not exactly what i would call a health and safety aware nation....

Ha ha, you haven't been there then. They're worse than we are with H&S and it's getting as bad now with political correctness. If you see a funnelweb now, you can't trap it and kill it, you can't stamp on redbacks, you have to ring the environmental. Heaven forbid if you encourage possums by leaving barbecue leftovers out.

that was not an appropriate comment

Why? You believe in the sadistic sky pixie so in your head everythings brilliant for her now.

You can't "love death like we love life" and whine about death.

Well if her nonsense faith is true then she'll be partying with allah, or being raped by terrorists as one of their 72 virgins or something. If her 7th century nonsense isn't true then she's just wormfood, either way, who cares?

It's one thing to disagree with an ideology or religion on matters of principle, it's quite another to make degrading remarks about someone who has died in an unfortunate accident. She didn't die because she was muslim but because she happened to be wearing loose clothing.

It's one thing to disagree with an ideology or religion on matters of principle, it's quite another to make degrading remarks about someone who has died in an unfortunate accident. She didn't die because she was muslim but because she happened to be wearing loose clothing.

She died because her religion said if you take it off you will be beaten with a stick......that or she and/or the go kart operators were thick as ****

Archived