Woman dies after hijab got caught in go-kart axle

You're assuming that Australia has a requirement that helmets, gloves or fireproof suits are worn..perhaps in your haste to play the 'race card' you overlooked the possiblity that they dont?

All kart racing in Australia is under the rules of the AKA. Their requirements are pretty similar to ours.

ie

Helmets must be full face and confornm to racing standards not road requirements.

Full safety suits are required and the too must be to the required racing specification

Racing specification padded gloves are also required.

Perhaps in your usual rush to get on the race bandwagon you neglected to remove your head from up your backside and posted a load of accusations before checking your facts.

People should be able to wear whatever they like. If they choose to ignore the health and safety aspect of that, then fair enough.

It certainly doesn't work like that. In any motor sport whether on a public circuit or an indoor track the event and track have to be licensed and that requires conforming to the national governing body of motor sport regulation IN FULL.

These regulations are not optional. Every person has to undergo a safety briefing before taking to the track and scrutineers check both the vehicle and driver for full compliance. It is quite clear that someone here ignored the rules for whatever reason..

It certainly doesn't work like that. In any motor sport whether on a public circuit or an indoor track the event and track have to be licensed and that requires conforming to the national governing body of motor sport regulation IN FULL.

These regulations are not optional. Every person has to undergo a safety briefing before taking to the track and scrutineers check both the vehicle and driver for full compliance. It is quite clear that someone here ignored the rules for whatever reason..

I know it doesn't work like that. But that's how it should work. Let people have their own personal choice, as long as they are willing to accept full responsibility for it.

I know it doesn't work like that. But that's how it should work. Let people have their own personal choice, as long as they are willing to accept full responsibility for it.

I don't have a problem with that. But of course there will always be those do gooders who will damn you for enforcing regulations and then damn you for not enforcing them when something goes wrong.

I don't have a problem with that. But of course there will always be those do gooders who will damn you for enforcing regulations and then damn you for not enforcing them when something goes wrong.

I'm already damned anyway.

How many young British adults die annually because they've been so incoherently drunk they've fallen under a bus or drowned in a nearby canal? Have they banned drink? Or young adults partaking in it?
No they haven't banned drink, they'll never ban drink for obvious reasons. They'll continue going through the motions of appearing to be tackling the binge drink culture that they're sooooooo concerned over... it must be very taxing for them.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by boyfriday

Or what about all the kids who fracture their skulls falling off their bikes because they weren't wearing a helmet?

What about them?

There are lots of 'preventable accidents', but why focus on a burka wearing Muslim who died because of a freak one?

I dont have the statistics, but Im pretty sure the number of women who have had accidents of this nature are infintessimally small compared to the number of kids who ride bicycles without helmets.

Statistics.. statistics. I don't have the statistics either, but when you strip things down to their bare basics BF, statistics are irrelevent. Has labeling something "religious" or applying obscure connotations to things count for absolutely nothing.

No we dont know if she was or not, but my point stands, there are hundreds of accidents every year in the UK involving children coming off bikes, a Muslim in Australia dies because of a freak accident and suddenly people have an interest in the health & safety provisions protecting them or their desire not to adhere to them.

Keep digging :roll:, the majority of people on this thread haven’t mentioned religion or faith, if my son wanted to go on the karts wearing his football scarf no doubt someone would ask him to remove it and that would be it, end of story.

PS

What’s freak about loose clothing and moving parts, not exactly rocket science is it.

Archived