Iraq not happy at american occupation

It amazes me that the British illegally invaded a nation that was no threat to us and has occupied it for seven years and yet the British are still perceived to be the good guys. You can't blame the Iraqi people for turning to the Taliban to help rid them of the oppressive regime of the British and American invasion forces, can you?

Sources suggest that most iraqi civilians and a fair few iraqi ministers are not happy with the continued american presence in their nation.

The Taliban are said to be advancing in the wake of america's reinforcement program......

http://www.funxite.com/media/23-military-squirrel.jpg

Me thinks they should withdraw all troops now.:hihi:

We have no troops in Iraq, our troops left last year.

I wonder if Iraq will ever be 'an independent nation'. In that, amongst others, UK, US and European corporate interests are busy carving up the place into so many new markets.

Any military presence acts largely in the service of these interests either as a warm hearted prophylactic against violence. Or as a storm front wiping the slate clean to facilitate rapid economic infiltration. Yah. The key point being that military action has been taken, not in support, or defence, of the nations sacrificing troops, but rather in order to allow this wholesale corporate insurgency.

I wonder if Iraq will ever be 'an independent nation'. In that, amongst others, UK, US and European corporate interests are busy carving up the place into so many new markets.

Any military presence acts largely in the service of these interests either as a warm hearted prophylactic against violence. Or as a storm front wiping the slate clean to facilitate rapid economic infiltration. Yah. The key point being that military action has been taken, not in support, or defence, of the nations sacrificing troops, but rather in order to allow this wholesale corporate insurgency.

Brings a whole near meaning to "Hostile Takeover" doesn't it?.

The cost of the war short term will pale in comparison to the profit generated long term.

It amazes me that the British illegally invaded a nation that was no threat to us and has occupied it for seven years and yet the British are still perceived to be the good guys. You can't blame the Iraqi people for turning to the Taliban to help rid them of the oppressive regime of the British and American invasion forces, can you?

1. we didn't illegally invade any nation we went to help subdue an evil dictator before he brought his country to how iran is today and to look after our national security.

ok they didn't have nucular capabilities after all but just as well cause could you imagine one in the hands of the taliban.

i hope its not long before iran get (invaded) your words not mine cause if they manage to turn there nucular inrichment programme into warheads they will threaten all western nations

Archived