Are UKIP just another racist party?

I've never met anyone besides myself who is opposed to mass immigration. They must exist, but all I've ever found is people who are opposed to immigration of certain groups.

Your not looking hard enough. There are plenty of us around.

I've never met anyone besides myself who is opposed to mass immigration. They must exist, but all I've ever found is people who are opposed to immigration of certain groups.

I think in that statement, he mentioned Eastern Europeans, Muslims, Africans and Afro Caribbean people. Unless you required him to mention every nation on earth, it would be safe to assume he was referring to immigration from all corners of the world.

I think in that statement, he mentioned Eastern Europeans, Muslims, Africans and Afro Caribbean people. Unless you required him to mention every nation on earth, it would be safe to assume he was referring to immigration from all corners of the world.

He mentioned only certain groups among any of them - unless, of course, you're arguing that every single East European is a child-beater, that every single Muslim is a nutter wanting to kill us, and so on.

And if you are, we're back to bigotry and racism, and nowhere near a debate on immigration.

He mentioned only certain groups among any of them - unless, of course, you're arguing that every single East European is a child-beater, that every single Muslim is a nutter wanting to kill us, and so on.

And if you are, we're back to bigotry and racism, and nowhere near a debate on immigration.

So you're saying that he's caused offence by only mentioning certain groups, yet those groups he mentioned are child beaters and Muslim nutters. So in effect, you are saying that those types of people shouldn't be discriminated against?

So you're saying that he's caused offence by only mentioning certain groups

I haven't said he's caused offence at all. I was referring to the immigration debate, not the racism one.

If his comments are seen as offensive, it must be because people take them to mean that he thinks all Romanians are wife-beaters, all Muslims are suicide bombers, and so on; and if that is what he meant, then they most certainly are offensive. If that's not what he meant, they are completely pointless, because criminal groups are already denied any right of immigration.

I haven't said he's caused offence at all. I was referring to the immigration debate, not the racism one.

If his comments are seen as offensive, it must be because people take them to mean that he thinks all Romanians are wife-beaters, all Muslims are suicide bombers, and so on; and if that is what he meant, then they most certainly are offensive. If that's not what he meant, they are completely pointless, because known criminal groups are already denied any right of immigration.

My bold.

You missed a bit.

Archived