State sanctioned paedophilia

Perhaps they are. I know several 12-year-olds that are willingly and enthusiastically having sex.

With fully grown adults who have been foist upon them by their families, with no option of refusal? Really? This is one of those subjects where the relativists really make themselves look inhumane. I made mention of them in my post, but I didn't think any would have the nerve to come out with it on this topic.

With fully grown adults who have been foist upon them by their families, with no option of refusal?

You're assuming that they want to refuse. You may be wrong, in many cases. In any event, the discussion is not about state-sanctioned forced marriage, but state-sanctioned paedophilia - and we can't even agree on what constitutes paedophilie. Some countries define it as anybody under 18, and others think twelve is perfectly fine and acceptable.

What? When i was at school there were several girls that were quite happy having sex at 12 - it certainly isn't made up.

Not say9ing it is right of course, but it isn't made up.

At least girls here have access to abundant medical services and would never be forced into marriage at that age. If they did become pregnant they would be more likely to have a safe pregancy. Women are far less likely to die during birth here. The point is, women in that country have NO rights, no choice.

That is not in any way the point. If it were, the title of the thread would not be "state sanctioned paedophilia; it would say something about women's rights.

I meant the point of the article that purdyamos posted.

Archived