Contacting your next MP

That's very good website I must admit!

A word of warning for anyone wishing to contact their UKIP candidate though. I used the 38 Degrees website on Tuesday to e-mail the candidates in my constituency to ask them to pledge to protect the BBC from overly harsh cuts and saving BBC 6 music.

UKIP didn't let their candidate answer the e-mail, but instead sent out a form letter/rant from their central office. It's not the rubbish in their e-mail reply that annoyed me so much as the fact that they don't let their candidates answer correspondance. That's as bad as any Labour control-freakery.

so you know not to vote for them then, write back and tell them so, they may change their mind and let the candidate speak for themselves in future

I think a big problem is that we do not hold these people to account and we simply accept the first answer we are given

if they fob you off, if they give an answer that isn't an answer, if they send you yet another standard reply

write back to them and tell them that this is not acceptable

write back and tell them that if they want your vote they'd better pay attention to your concerns and damn well act on them

it's no wonder they think of themselves as gods among sheep, they fob us off at every opportunity and no one says a word because they are MP's, they are in office, they will stay there for five years no matter what

well they aren't in office as of midnight on Monday 12th April and they want you to vote for them so they can carry on treating you as sheep

so if you aren't happy this is the one and only chance for the next five years you have of letting them know and having something happen because of it

so you know not to vote for them then, write back and tell them so, they may change their mind and let the candidate speak for themselves in future

I think a big problem is that we do not hold these people to account and we simply accept the first answer we are given

if they fob you off, if they give an answer that isn't an answer, if they send you yet another standard reply

write back to them and tell them that this is not acceptable

write back and tell them that if they want your vote they'd better pay attention to your concerns and damn well act on them

it's no wonder they think of themselves as gods among sheep, they fob us off at every opportunity and no one says a word because they are MP's, they are in office, they will stay there for five years no matter what

well they aren't in office as of midnight on Monday 12th April and they want you to vote for them so they can carry on treating you as sheep

so if you aren't happy this is the one and only chance for the next five years you have of letting them know and having something happen because of it

Will do, but if we let other people know when they try and pull stunts like this then hopefully we can embarrass the likes of UKIP into getting their act together.

go for it

and if they keep fobbing you off maybe they aren't the party you thought they were and you should look at one of the others

but don't forget to tell them if you do look at one of the others and make sure they know why

Archived