Garden Leave What is it

So rather than ask his employer in Inverness, the OP posts on an internet forum.

I think you should go to work as usual on Monday and ask your HR manager!

To have any validity, such an arrangement would have been put in writing and would not have used the term "garden leave".

"Dont look a gift horse in the mouth". Enjoy your leave.

So rather than ask his employer in Inverness, the OP posts on an internet forum.

I think you should go to work as usual on Monday and ask your HR manager!

To have any validity, such an arrangement would have been put in writing and would not have used the term "garden leave".

Thanks cgksheff, I have it in writing from the "HR" that I am on garden leave, my problem is the instruction has come from the Edinburgh office, but my manager in Inverness wants me to continue to go to the office and meet clients.

The reason I posted on the forum was to ask if the people of sheffield had ever been placed on Garden Leave. As regards asking my employer in Inverness, not sure what is your point.

Just for your information I am Sheffield born an bred so I think that gives me the right to ask a question on the Sheffield Forum

Thanks cgksheff, I have it in writing from the "HR" that I am on garden leave, my problem is the instruction has come from the Edinburgh office, but my manager in Inverness wants me to continue to go to the office and meet clients.

My instinct is to tell your manager that you are on gardening leave and cannot do any work, and to take it up with HR if he's unhappy about that.

Archived