Whats the difference between a Geek and a Nerd?

I just informed my OH that Dr Who is on soon and if theres Daleks on it I WILL be watching it- no debate, I WILL be watching it.

She called me a "Nerd" and stalked away to... oh I dont know, to kill something probably.

The other day I was watching something on telly about Space and time and I was enjoying it and she called me a "Geek."

Now, I... I THINK I know that a geek is someone who likes sciency stuff... is that right...? The characters of the Big bang theory are Geeks, right?

But a Nerd... thats someone who likes sciency fictiony stuff...?

So, poppets, tell me thats the difference between a geek and a nerd! And then tell me which category you fall into!

Personally I think I`m cool in a sort of Fonz way! I click my fingers and the totty totally ignore me but I can hear their ovarys rattling!

This might help: http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-the-Difference-Between-Nerds-and-Geeks

But the difference between a geek and a nerd can be subtle, but there IS a difference.

A geek tends to have interpersonal skills; a nerd has none.

The guys in The Big Bang Theory are all nerds.

A normal Doctor Who fan might have geekish tendencies; someone obsessed with the minutia of each episode probably is a nerd!

'Nerd' has got an 'R' in it.

Beware Geeks bearing gifts!

Couldn't help but snigger at that! They won't destroy your city state, but will find a common ground subject, and bore you into submission to give it away instead.

You never see nerds. They're always on the net ..... ummmmm .....

I just informed my OH that Dr Who is on soon and if theres Daleks on it I WILL be watching it- no debate, I WILL be watching it.

She called me a "Nerd" and stalked away to... oh I dont know, to kill something probably.

The other day I was watching something on telly about Space and time and I was enjoying it and she called me a "Geek."

Now, I... I THINK I know that a geek is someone who likes sciency stuff... is that right...? The characters of the Big bang theory are Geeks, right?

But a Nerd... thats someone who likes sciency fictiony stuff...?

So, poppets, tell me thats the difference between a geek and a nerd! And then tell me which category you fall into!

Personally I think I`m cool in a sort of Fonz way! I click my fingers and the totty totally ignore me but I can hear their ovarys rattling!

I'm going to use that one someday! Quality!

This might help: http://www.wikihow.com/Tell-the-Difference-Between-Nerds-and-Geeks

But the difference between a geek and a nerd can be subtle, but there IS a difference.

A geek tends to have interpersonal skills; a nerd has none.

The guys in The Big Bang Theory are all nerds.

A normal Doctor Who fan might have geekish tendencies; someone obsessed with the minutia of each episode probably is a nerd!

Sheldon, Walter & Raj are Nerds. Leonard is a Geek.

Sheldon, Walter & Raj are Nerds. Leonard is a Geek.

I knew someone would make that distinction, but look at the guy. He has barely any understanding of social issues and is hugely uncomfortable in many normal situations; he's merely a far less extreme version of the other three.

Leonard is a geek in training.

I knew someone would make that distinction, but look at the guy. He has barely any understanding of social issues and is hugely uncomfortable in many normal situations; he's merely a far less extreme version of the other three.

Leonard is a geek in training.

My partner used to work with some REALLY nerdy people (some of the nerdiest in the world - one guy he worked with when in Cali got SCURVY) and lots of geeks. Leonard falls more in the geek range of those people.

Archived