Why is it so difficult to get a price for fitting a bathroom?

All I want is a rough, round about, ball park price for fitting a bathroom. No tiling etc. Just to fit a bathroom suite. I've had lots of offers of quotes but that's not what I want. I want someone to tell me a ballpark figure so I can start to save.

I dont want to waste people's times getting a quote if its gonna take me a year to save for it.

Will someone tell me please???

I think you'll be looking at a starting price of £1000.

Obviously, if you want plush fittings / shower / radiator etc, then you will probably be looking at up to £2000

Mine cost about 3k a couple of years back but that included ripping out the old water tank, fitting a combi boiler and tiling.

Hope this helps

i'm sure that you'd get plenty of people willing to give you a quote, but asking for a 'ball park figure' without having seen the job is not the best way to go. You never know what you going to find when ripping out, rotten floors, mouldy walls, plaster coming away from the walls, not to mention a host of possible plumbing problems. It might be straight forward and take a couple days tops, i which case around the £500 mark, but may rise considerably depending on other issues.

i'm sure that you'd get plenty of people willing to give you a quote, but asking for a 'ball park figure' without having seen the job is not the best way to go. You never know what you going to find when ripping out, rotten floors, mouldy walls, plaster coming away from the walls, not to mention a host of possible plumbing problems. It might be straight forward and take a couple days tops, i which case around the £500 mark, but may rise considerably depending on other issues.

I realise that asking for a ballpark figure is not an exact science, its more to give me an idea on what I need to get my head around. Looking at the answers I have been given we are looking at £500 for a straight swap.

Now its not actually going to be a straight swap. I want stuff moving round but now know an absolute minimum of what it might be so can start to get the budget straight in my head.

Archived