Why is it so difficult to get a price for fitting a bathroom?

toptotty, it might be cheaper in the end to go on a plumbing course and DIY? At least you'd have it exactly the way you wanted it :hihi:

Very true. Two years ago I fitted my own central heating system to my 2 bedroom house. I planned the boiler, radiator positions and pipe runs to scale using drawing board and T square. The boiler went into the upstairs cupboard (no existing central heating) I first removed the old immersion tank there, then installed the pipe runs from cupboard down to under the living room floor, then boxed them in, it now just looks like the rest of the living room wall. Then I fitted 8 rads (small one in downstairs toilet), then all the pipe work under the boards in the bedrooms and downstairs floors (I have a false cellar). All done to regs. Final gas connection by CORGI qualified fitter. I did it in stages over a 12 month period, but total cost of materials, with judicious buying, was £857, although I did have the copper pipe solder-connectors in already.

Archived