Journey to Stansted Airport

Hi,

A relative needs to travel to Stansted Airport in May to catch an 8am flight. There are no trains at that time and National Express have no direct coaches. What is the best way to do this, considering she can only use public transport? We have thought of getting a taxi but it is very expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

A relative needs to travel to Stansted Airport in May to catch an 8am flight. There are no trains at that time and National Express have no direct coaches. What is the best way to do this, considering she can only use public transport? We have thought of getting a taxi but it is very expensive.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Are there any early trains or coaches that can get your friend to London Victoria coach station:?:

If there are, then you can get a Terravision coach from Victoria Green Line Coach station.

http://www.terravision.eu/london.html

I used them last year and they are cheap(Return £14) are pretty good both on the outgoing and return journey and run pretty regularly in nice new coaches.

Journey time from Victoria to Stanstead Airport is approx 75 minutes although my outward journey was about 65 minutes.

Coaches run as early as 2:40AM up until 11:10PM

Here is their Timetable:

http://www.terravision.eu/pdf/london_victoria_timetable.pdf

Do check carefully with the time table which stop at Victoria is the correct one as Terravison have 2 depending on time of departure of coach chosen.

One stop is inside the Green Line Coach station (Stop No.2) the other stop is outside the coach station on Buckingham Palace Road (Stop No.9)

I'd definitely use Terravision again when I next fly from Stanstead.

Tip: booking return ticket online is cheaper.

an awkward journey for sure. There's no need to go via London. Coventry or Milton Keynes will do, so #4 looks the best bet - six hours would be a short journey time even in the middle of the day. It can be as much as 8-10 hours.

Archived