The Ultimate Singles Thread

Errrr- no.

That's what PMs and chat are for- I've pruned it so it's back to being a singles thread again.

Ok, it HAD turned into a Flirting Thread though...

But now its back to normal.

So, how many relationships have been created using this thread?

Im still pimping myself out if anyone is interested.

(seeing the mod's post about pruning above, I'm almost scared to post in case it defies the rules of the thread ... but anyway ... I've never been one to allow a little thing like that to deter me ...)

donuticus, that made me laugh out loud ...

If there are any single older men lurking about ... I'm over here *waves*

PS and by older I don't mean 30 odd! Which to me is a mere stripling :D

(seeing the mod's post about pruning above, I'm almost scared to post in case it defies the rules of the thread ... but anyway ... I've never been one to allow a little thing like that to deter me ...)

donuticus, that made me laugh out loud ...

If there are any single older men lurking about ... I'm over here *waves*

PS and by older I don't mean 30 odd!

Don't worry ruby, I was just tidying up. I'm not going to smite you all down if you say the occasional nice thing to each other on the thread.

I dont get where your coming from here?

There used to be a stigma associated with being single. People would ask themselves "what's wrong with me?" Not anymore. It's OK to wait longer until settling down, the divorce rate is still quite high and so is the number of single households in the country. Yet despite the number of singles out there, many still feel they lack genuine opportunities to meet potential partners. It's a common problem and there's no longer any shame in using internet chat sites, dating agencies or speed dating nights.

The point I was trying to make is that you'll be missing out on life if that's all you do. Sociable people want to meet other sociable people and if you don't have a decent circle of "real" friends you'll be less attractive to the opposite sex. Well connected people are more attractive than loners.

Statistics show we are spending more time than ever alone and less time with friends. We're losing touch with real people in face to face conversations. How often do you go out each week with friends and how many nights do you spend in watching TV or surfing the internet?

I've read stories of people who claim to have hundreds of internet friends (MySpace, Flickr, Orkut, Friendster etc), but the nearest one lived 200 miles away! However, “The word "friend" is a bad term for describing someone you link to online. Reducing friendship to a click on a yes/no button is, a complete joke.”

So by all means look for a date online but be sure not to forget developing a network of "real" friends. Go out, have a laugh, pursue your own interests, build your confidence, BECOME MORE SOCIALLY ATTRACTIVE in the first place and you might not need to go online to find a partner.

The more friends you have, the easier it is to make friends and the more chances you have for finding a partner "naturally."

Make any more sense? ... or am I completely out of touch with the internet/iPod/MySpace generation?

There used to be a stigma associated with being single. People would ask themselves "what's wrong with me?" Not anymore. It's OK to wait longer until settling down, the divorce rate is still quite high and so is the number of single households in the country. Yet despite the number of singles out there, many still feel they lack genuine opportunities to meet potential partners. It's a common problem and there's no longer any shame in using internet chat sites, dating agencies or speed dating nights.

The point I was trying to make is that you'll be missing out on life if that's all you do. Sociable people want to meet other sociable people and if you don't have a decent circle of "real" friends you'll be less attractive to the opposite sex. Well connected people are more attractive than loners.

Statistics show we are spending more time than ever alone and less time with friends. We're losing touch with real people in face to face conversations. How often do you go out each week with friends and how many nights do you spend in watching TV or surfing the internet?

I've read stories of people who claim to have hundreds of internet friends (MySpace, Flickr, Orkut, Friendster etc), but the nearest one lived 200 miles away! However, “The word "friend" is a bad term for describing someone you link to online. Reducing friendship to a click on a yes/no button is, a complete joke.”

So by all means look for a date online but be sure not to forget developing a network of "real" friends. Go out, have a laugh, pursue your own interests, build your confidence, BECOME MORE SOCIALLY ATTRACTIVE in the first place and you might not need to go online to find a partner.

The more friends you have, the easier it is to make friends and the more chances you have for finding a partner "naturally."

Make any more sense? ... or am I completely out of touch with the internet/iPod/MySpace generation?

Your comments and postings make perfect sense ! :thumbsup:

So, I have a kid too, plus married, which REALLY puts people off, so, you have hardly got a problem.

Anyways, I thought I would join in to see IF I got any responses, as they say in life, if you don't try, you don't succeed.

I did try Direct Dating, but, that didn't get any responses, oh well.

if your married why you on here please explain aint it what you want hun:)

Archived