The Ultimate Singles Thread

Yes of course there should be some attraction but ive seen good friends who are just friends get to know each other then eventually fall in love.... if that makes sense.

Well I suppose that you never really do know who you may fall in love with.... ive seen all types of people who go out with all other types of people... its a complicated thing..... tut tut

Anyway you sorted your mini door out yet ;)

Riz

well i have plenty of male friends who i get on with great and would make great boyfriends but im not physcially attracted to them so thats what they are 'mates'!

i suppose it does happen but id rather be with someone that i look at and think wow! tried the whole going out with someone just cos they are nice and it just doesnt work for me.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Beauty is only skin deep.

fair enough but i still gotta find them attractive, i dont care what anyone says there is no way i could go out with someone that i didnt look and that think i really 'fancy you'.

yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder which means everyone finds different people attractive and what 1 person thinks is attractive the next person might disagree.

but u need that wow factor surely, makes things go beta too as u could be scared to loose them which would make u proper romantic etc etc

But what gives you a wow doesn't necessarily give someone else a wow, does it?

Just because you fancy them doesn't mean everyone else does.

And as my ex said to me, if there's nothing there to attract you but the looks - what happens when the looks have gone. What's there? (Not his exact words but the meanings the same).

No point being the best looking man or woman about if you're an absolute bore or you've both got nothing in common.

Surely it's what's underneath that really matters?

Isn't it more a case of a halfway point? There has to be an attraction in the first place, but then there has to be something more than that to sustain a relationship.

Unless I'm in the wrong...

But what gives you a wow doesn't necessarily give someone else a wow, does it?

Just because you fancy them doesn't mean everyone else does.

And as my ex said to me, if there's nothing there to attract you but the looks - what happens when the looks have gone. What's there? (Not his exact words but the meanings the same).

No point being the best looking man or woman about if you're an absolute bore or you've both got nothing in common.

Surely it's what's underneath that really matters?

hmmm its that what i just said above :huh::loopy:

id say a fine balance of looks and personality is the best bet.

Archived