Looking for Theakers

teamla

Hi VickiT,

If you don't already have this information it may help you:

THEAKER, John Arthur (Bricklayer, age 45).

Died at 36 Long Henry St; Buried on June 29, 1938 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 16098, Section EE1 of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Theaker, Thomas Burton (Labourer, age 48).

Died at 36 Long Henry St; Buried on March 30, 1909 in Consecrated ground;

Grave Number 16098, Section EE1 of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Apologies for the inappropriate smiley, not my doing, the age is 48.

This information is courtesy of http://www.sheff-indexers.com.

If you look on here (assuming you haven't already) there are lots of Theakers in the Burials/Marriages/Baptisms etc. it may help you.

Regards,

Duffems.

Thanks Duffems

I am an active member of Sheffield Indexers and am currently involved in transcribing the Burngreave Cem Burials

The Thomas Burton Theaker you found is my husband's ggrandfather.

Cheers

VickiT

Red faced am I!

Duffems

Hi Joto

I have done a bit of research some unrelated Sheffield Theakers,

Is your line connected this way ?

Leonard b 1913 son of

Ada Steele and Joseph Henry b 1880 son of

Ruth & Henry b 1844 son of

Benjamin b 1812 in Retford ?

Vicki T

Yes Vicki Ada and Joseph Theaker was my Grandparents, Leonard was my cousin's Dad (Denlin on the last page) my Dad Colin was Leonard's younger brother. We've got Joseph Henry's descendants but not his siblings. Our Grandad came from a well to do family, but was disowned when he married my Grandma. I do know there is someone in Wales called Shirleanne who I can't trace, whose Great-Grandad was ours too (Henry theaker) Minimo on here helped me a lot, but we still don't know this generation from our Grandad's siblings yet. Good luck tracing yours Vicky:thumbsup:

Vicki. Regarding previous message by Joto, my cousin Joyce. Our grandparents were Joseph Henry and Ada. Leonard was my dad. My dads siblings on Theaker side were Tom, Colin and Irene. All sadly no longer with us. Grandad died in 1951 and grandma in 1968. I still live in Sheffield just yards from where my grandma used to live and my cousin still lives in her house. There are still 3 Theakers of our family in Sheffield. My brother Robert, my cousins son Michael and his son:)

Vicki. Regarding previous message by Joto, my cousin Joyce. Our grandparents were Joseph Henry and Ada. Leonard was my dad. My dads siblings on Theaker side were Tom, Colin and Irene. All sadly no longer with us. Grandad died in 1951 and grandma in 1968. I still live in Sheffield just yards from where my grandma used to live and my cousin still lives in her house. There are still 3 Theakers of our family in Sheffield. My brother Robert, my cousins son Michael and his son:)

Hi Denlin

Thanks for that info :)

I've updated my files - I know we're not connected but I like

to follow other lines as well.

Bye for now

VickiT

Hi Denlin

Thanks for that info :)

I've updated my files - I know we're not connected but I like

to follow other lines as well.

Bye for now

VickiT

Vicky did you see my post above my cousin Denlin( notice I didn't say her real name):hihi: you'll see I mentioned a descendant in Wales, our great-grandad Henry Theaker was her ancestor too. Henry was married to a Ruth, who was born in Wolverhampton. I've sent what I know of our Theaker's to that Steve Theaker's website, so I hope he puts us on it. Thank you Vicky for your interest in the rest of the Theakers on this forum, Sheffield Theakers seem to be stuck in their research.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Elizabeth,

Just found you on the net, looking for Theakers.

For your info:-

Part of my blood line......

Horace Theaker (2) and Grace Lowe likely had:

3. Horace Theaker Jr. (b. 1928 )

3. Fred Theaker (b. 1933)

3. Roy Theaker, possibly.

Also had a daughter Grace Theaker.

I am Steven Theaker. son of Roy Theaker, Mother Ann Robinson, but now divorced,

I have a son Sidney Theaker (I liked to stick to the old names) mother Marie Mc Gary.

Also Nellie Theaker was my great aunt, i can just remember her........

Horace Jnr was the oldest followed by Fred, Grace and then Roy, then me.

Fred has one son, Grace has two sons.

Also Grace Lowe (my grandmother) had a brother, John Lowe who was killed in the first world war at a very young age, i have his letters medals etc, i also have some old photos of most of the clan, even one of Grace lowes mother and father i think but my mother would have to confirm it.

Now i live in Asia with a new Theaker on the way due at the end of the year.

Hope this is helpfull.

Need any more info ask and i will try to find out.

If you would like i can try to scan the photos and put faces to the names.

Regards

Steve Theaker

Vicki I notice that the Theaker website what a Steven Theaker set up years ago (not the one above) hasn't been updated since 2006. I'm glad you're researching the Sheffield Theakers, because I know we are all having a hard time tracing back. I've got a lot of info now if you want me to pass it on to you, do you think if we go back far enough we'll all be related?:hihi:

Archived