Looking for Theakers

teamla

Steve,

The more I read this post I become more confused. Horace Theaker Jnr. was my Dad he married Violet Owen. As far as I was aware there was only sister of Horice was Jenny who married a Bingham.

Do you know something I dont. I do know that my Dad fell out with his Dad Horice because he remarried before I was born in 1951.

Totally confused, I can not ask the question to either Mum or Dad as they have both passed away.

It would be good to find out who I am and my family history.

Dave Theaker

Hi Sandie

I think the confusion is there are 2 Horace Theakers,

both with sons called Horace :loopy:

This looks like your line

Horace Theaker married Doris Howard in 1921

Children Jennie born 1922 and Horace born 1930

Does this sound right to you?

Please send me a PM if you wish to discuss further

Vicki

I also get confused as to which "horace".

The Horace and Eleanor( apparently known as Nellie) as per my previous thread moved from Ormesby to Southport, and had one daughter in 1928 named Norma. Both Horace and Eleanor are buried in St. Johns churchyard, Crossens, Southport

Hope this info helps someone

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry! did get carried away with old memories. My Great Great Grandad John Maw Theaker and his siblings originally came to Sheffield in the 1800's from Belton (between Doncaster and Hull). He married Anne Burton and their children were Thomas Burton Theaker (our Great Grandad),Samuel,George Henry,John Maw,Clara,Kate,Frank William,Annie Elizabeth. Thomas married Mary Anne Firth and they had George, Thomas, John(Jack) and William (our Grandad) so if there are any Theakers out there that recognise any of those names....I would love to hear from them!!
thomas b theaker and mary ann also had charles ernest cliff and edith

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Elizabeth

Can't help you much with your search for Theakers. However, I married Richard Theaker in 1971. Richard lived for most of his life in the Gleadless Valley area and has an older brother David who now lives in Japan. Their father was Cyril William Theaker (Joiner) and I believe his father was William. Can't go back much further than that though. It may be of interest to you however that there are quite a few Theakers up in North Yorkshire - Staithes to be exact. It would appear that the 'Thatchers' arrived there from Scandinavia many years ago and there is a census book in the museum there that may be of interest.

Good luck with your search.

Sue Theaker

• 1 month later...

Archived