Hi Joto

I have done a bit of research some unrelated Sheffield Theakers,

Is your line connected this way ?

Leonard b 1913 son of

Ada Steele and Joseph Henry b 1880 son of

Ruth & Henry b 1844 son of

Benjamin b 1812 in Retford ?

Vicki T

I saw it cuz. That's my dad and our Grandad and Grandma alright.

Vicky, my dad was Leonard, his siblings were Tom, Colin (Jotos dad), Irene, Ron and Paddy

Hi Sandie

I think the confusion is there are 2 Horace Theakers,

both with sons called Horace :loopy:

This looks like your line

Horace Theaker married Doris Howard in 1921

Children Jennie born 1922 and Horace born 1930

Does this sound right to you?

Please send me a PM if you wish to discuss further

Vicki

Doris Howard was my grandma's sister.She died when I was very young,so I don't remember her.

Horace remarried,to a blind lady called Agnes Hume,and they lived at 33 York Road,Darnall.I remember him slightly,a very nice man.

Doris Howard was my grandma's sister.She died when I was very young,so I don't remember her.

Horace remarried,to a blind lady called Agnes Hume,and they lived at 33 York Road,Darnall.I remember him slightly,a very nice man.

Hi I know for a fact my father Horice was born at 33 York Road Darnell. I also have vauge memories of my Dad's Dad and his wife, but nobody would talk about it.

He married Violet Owen (my mother) and I was born in 1951.

Please PM me with any info you have.

Dave Theaker

• 2 months later...

In reply to Linda, I am Rebecca Theaker the great-granddaughter of Colin Theaker. Although he had four daughters, I have retained the name Theaker due to my Grandmother Christine keeping her maiden name which was passed on to her son, my father (Michael Theaker). It was mentioned that Michael Theaker had a son, who is my brother Daniel, i have no other siblings. My dad says Anne Fletcher, daughter of Colin Theaker has researched the Theaker family back to the early 1800's. As I am currently studying History at University, this in depth family research interests me.

In reply to Linda, I am Rebecca Theaker the great-granddaughter of Colin Theaker. Although he had four daughters, I have retained the name Theaker due to my Grandmother Christine keeping her maiden name which was passed on to her son, my father (Michael Theaker). It was mentioned that Michael Theaker had a son, who is my brother Daniel, i have no other siblings. My dad says Anne Fletcher, daughter of Colin Theaker has researched the Theaker family back to the early 1800's. As I am currently studying History at University, this in depth family research interests me.

Hi Becca - your Grandma, your great aunts Anne Fletcher and Joto off this forum are my cousins. Anne has some very interesting family history and I have copies of some of it. Our Grandad came from wealthy family and our Great Grandfather (on grandmas side) Thomas Steele was a well known bandleader for Chapeltown Silver Prize Band

• 4 months later...
Hi

My maiden name was Linda Theaker and I live in Ecclesfield. I have a brother Robert and my cousins son is Michael Theaker and he also has a son- so thats 3 more Theakers living in Sheffield. My father was Leonard Theaker and he had four brothers and a sister but only two brothers, Tom and Colin were called Theaker as my grandmother got married twice and had two more sons, Paddy and Ron Muscroft and a daughter Irene (married name Moore). Sadly I think there is only Paddy left but I am not even sure about him as he moved to Manchester many years ago and we lost touch. His wife was called Rosa and they had a daughter. My granparents were called Joseph Henry and Ada and grandad Muscroft was called Frank If you are a Theaker related to us you have many relatives in Sheffield, one in Walsall and two cousins and their families in Canada.

There are also some Theakers who live in Lincolnshire at Leadenham. The only one I know the name of is Steve Theaker. Have now found that there is a Derek Theaker in Leadenham

Hi Linda

I am Paddy's daughter from Manchester, now living in Warrington. My father passed away in 2008 and I miss him dearly as I have lots of questions unanswered. I also have plenty of photos with pictures of people I don't know. I do know that two of my mothers bridesmaids where Joyce, Christine Theaker and my dad's best man was Colin Theaker.

I would love to get to know you all better and correspond if that is ok?

Regards

Sally

Hi

My maiden name was Linda Theaker and I live in Ecclesfield. I have a brother Robert and my cousins son is Michael Theaker and he also has a son- so thats 3 more Theakers living in Sheffield. My father was Leonard Theaker and he had four brothers and a sister but only two brothers, Tom and Colin were called Theaker as my grandmother got married twice and had two more sons, Paddy and Ron Muscroft and a daughter Irene (married name Moore). Sadly I think there is only Paddy left but I am not even sure about him as he moved to Manchester many years ago and we lost touch. His wife was called Rosa and they had a daughter. My granparents were called Joseph Henry and Ada and grandad Muscroft was called Frank If you are a Theaker related to us you have many relatives in Sheffield, one in Walsall and two cousins and their families in Canada.

There are also some Theakers who live in Lincolnshire at Leadenham. The only one I know the name of is Steve Theaker. Have now found that there is a Derek Theaker in Leadenham

I share your confusion I have tried to find my familly with just a brick wall, I now find out my dad had 2 brothers when I was always told he had just one sister. The Theakers seem to be very unable to be open about the past.

My concern is what is in the Closet and do I realy want to know, well yes and thanks to this site I am finding out a form of the truth, which I now can not ask my Mum or Dad as they have both past away. Because of this thread I will now ask for help and information from others.

Dave Theaker

Hi David

Could you please clarify who your father was, Tom, Colin or Leonard?

Sally

• 4 months later...
Hi David

Could you please clarify who your father was, Tom, Colin or Leonard?

Sally

Hi lancelot, Sandy isn't related to our Theaker's, this is Joyce, Colin's daughter. I hope you look in on the forum again. I've sent you a pm. :)

Archived