Tv/phone/broadband package?

I am finding that Virgin packages are steadily moving up in price and all I need is TV plus a freeview box. Telephone. broadband. What is the best deal for me please. Should I consider having NO landline phone and gettiing a mobile contract with so many minutes free each month? All advice will be grateful.

Virgin are a nightmare ,they still havent got our 50 mg right since last august and havent a clue how to fix it they, have told us that were too far away from the box on one occassion the box is lest than 10 feet from my home ,lol I told them they couldnt organise a p**s up in a brewary lololol

Virgin are a nightmare ,they still havent got our 50 mg right since last august and havent a clue how to fix it they, have told us that were too far away from the box on one occassion the box is lest than 10 feet from my home ,lol I told them they couldnt organise a p**s up in a brewary lololol
My granddads favourite quote that when he is mad :hihi:.

I`ve recently binned my sky subs, i was on a tv, phone and broadband package. Here`s what i have now.

Tv - freeview which is built into the telly, also have freesat from sky which is non sub and adds a couple of extra channels over the freeview. I already had the dish and the box so when i cancelled my subs i asked them to put me onto this.

Landline - Line rental from BT and registered with 18185 for calls (really pleased with this)

I activated an O2 PAYG sim and went with O2 for the broadband (half price if you activate a sim or have a contract with them)

Costs

BBand £7.50 per month

Landline £11.50 per month

Tv Free

18185 - 5p connection charge per call and zero pence per minute.

Saved me loads :D

Rates and deals vary so check out the latest ones yourself, but I hope this helps you to compare set ups.

Cheapest deal:

Phone and broadband from TalkTalk.

TV supplied by Freeview or one-off payment for FreeSat.

I wouldn't recommend TalkTalk for anyone except those on a very tight budget as their service is notoriously unreliable for frequent users.

Alternative 1:

Phone supplied by BT

Broadband supplied by an independent ADSL provider.

TV supplied by Freeview or one-off payment for FreeSat.

This is a good setup if you want low overheads but more reliable broadband than TalkTalk. My recommendation for ADSL is O2, who have customer service and reliability second to none, but you might only be saving a few quid off a TV and broadband package from Sky (see below).

Alternative 2:

Phone supplied by BT.

Broadband and TV supplied by Sky.

This is a surprisingly expensive option IMO, but gives you access to the widest range of TV channels.

Alternative 3:

Phone, broadband and TV all supplied by Virgin.

Not the cheapest but competitive enough if you take the small packages and services are reliable, although customer service could be improved. Comes into its own if you are someone that needs the best internet speeds available, but then you pay through the nose.

Mobile phone - you might get a deal to reduce the cost of your mobile with some phone or broadband providers but I wouldn't let that determine everything else. O2 and Virgin both offer mobile deals to customers who take other services.

Believe it or not, some of the mobile dongles have a faster connection than most of the landlines (excluding cable areas).

So I'd also look into going the mobile route if you don't use the net that much and don't mind a capped limit on the broadband.

Archived