Does the church attract sexual deviants?

What would happen if an organisation adopted a policy of declining to employ homosexuals (thus reducing, statistically, the risk that it might employ paedophiles)?

What makes you think there would be any such reduction? There are far more heterosexual paedophiles than there are homosexual ones, simply because there are more straight people than gay people. The incidence, in both groups, is just about the same.

NB 'All male paedophiles who assault little boys are homosexuals' is NOT the same as 'All male homosexuals are paedophiles who assault little boys.'

Are all male paedophiles who assault little boys homosexual? Some assault children of both sexes.

Are all male paedophiles who assault little boys homosexual? Some assault children of both sexes.

Indeed so, and in any event the male paedophiles who assault little girls are just as big a problem. As, indeed, are the female paedophiles who assault little children - not that you find the female ones among the Catholic priesthood, for obvious reasons.

Paedophiles who molest young boys aren't (usually) gay, they have a liking for children, age is the determining factor, not gender.

Please explain what you understand by the prefix 'homo' in the word 'homosexual'. I was taught that the prefix meant 'the same'.

Are boys male? Are adult males male?

Are all males not male?

Male paedophiles who molest young (male) boys sexually are indulging in a homosexual (same sex) activity.

What makes you think there would be any such reduction? There are far more heterosexual paedophiles than there are homosexual ones, simply because there are more straight people than gay people. The incidence, in both groups, is just about the same.

That's interesting. I don't have access to statistics on paedophilia (particularly those relating to the breakdown of victims by sex.) I understood that there were rather more male paedophiles than females (though I'm aware that there are plenty of the latter, too) and that the majority of the victims were themselves male.

What are the figures (for male and female attackers and male and female victims)? Where are they published?

That's interesting. I don't have access to statistics on paedophilia (particularly those relating to the breakdown of victims by sex.) I understood that there were rather more male paedophiles than females (though I'm aware that there are plenty of the latter, too) and that the majority of the victims were themselves male.

What are the figures (for male and female attackers and male and female victims)? Where are they published?

There probably are but just because they may abuse boys doesn't make them homosexual. They may also abuse girls. I think Auto98uk has it right. They like sex with children, I'm not sure what hetero/homosexuality has to do with it.

Archived