Help needed with Smeg Cooker

Has anyone else got one of these useless cookers?

I have recently had to replace the fan element and thermostat on my smeg cooker. Now the oven shuts itself off after a period of time, the electrics go off (ie clock etc) after about 10 mins the electrics spring back to life and the clock is flashing (with an A flashing). I have to reset the clock and then the oven works for a while, until it shuts off again and so it goes on! any one help?!!!

Has anyone else got one of these useless cookers?

I have recently had to replace the fan element and thermostat on my smeg cooker. Now the oven shuts itself off after a period of time, the electrics go off (ie clock etc) after about 10 mins the electrics spring back to life and the clock is flashing (with an A flashing). I have to reset the clock and then the oven works for a while, until it shuts off again and so it goes on! any one help?!!!

Mine was just over a year old and the heating element went, luckily they were really cheap on ebay and we fitted it so it only cost £15 and it;s been working ok for the last few weeks. I don't think I wil be buying another smeg oven though, they seem to have quite a lot of trouble with the heating elements.

I'll be going back to a trusty old gas oven next time :)

Archived