Should girl guides accept money from abuser?

A man convicted of sexually abusing 3 girls has left £400,000 to the girl guides in his will.

I read in the a newspaper this morning that there are now calls for the guides to refuse to accept the money.

Should they accept it, or refuse it?

To me it's a no brainer. Take the money and say "Thanks a lot pervert"

After all what else could they do with the money? Give it to the Government? Offer it to his victims perhaps?

Surely money is money, it's not like he is using it to evade justice or pay off his victims. He's dead, dance on his grave and spend his money I say.

Reject! Can't have people thinking they can right their wrongs with a wad of cash on their death. Let it go to HM Treasury.
What? So the Government can waste it on something stupid?

The GG should take the money and put it to good use in their organisation. At least he tried to make amends, although I'd have been more impressed if he'd given his money away during his lifetime and lived a life of penury. Of course, it could be insurance money, I suppose.

Archived