Which is the best pub in Sheffield?

teflon

The Kelham Island Tavern gets my vote. It's round the corner from the Fat Cat.

The prices are great (£1.60 ish for a pint of top ale, about 2 quid for the stronger stuff), the beer selection is the best I've ever seen (usually about 10 real ales on), the beer is superb - always perfectly kept. The place is spotlessly clean and well cared for too - it doesn't have any of that stale smoke mustiness of most pubs

Great and cheap real cheap ale, clean and bright place, friendly staff and customers, a good lovely garden, and just round the corner from my flat. Bloody brilliant. It keeps winning the 'best pub in Sheffield' Camra award too

Bannor Cross?? you must be havin a laugh! it's alright i spose as far as pubs go, but it;s a bit of an old mans' establishment and the land lady's a nighmare. There is a great beer garden round the back, but in general it's somewhat lacking in atmosphere. Sheffield's a bit lacking in good pubs tho - Lescar and Porter Cottage on Sharrow Vale Road are always a good bet tho..

Archived